Accountant - Billing and Platform
Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets.
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of stablecoins and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin, which now stands at a 2+ billion market cap and is adding more than 100 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce,” Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere.
We are looking for an accountant who is self motivated, customer focused and has a passion for technology to join our rapidly growing accounting team and support one of the most critical elements of our business (our products and customers). You will be part of the building a new process from the ground up by helping to scale billing and accounts receivable for our newly launched product Circle Platform Services (CPS). You will also assist with recording of revenue and assist with a key monthly reconciliation process that provides transparency over our industry leading stablecoin USDC to its thousands of users. This role will give you exposure to critical operational areas of accounting for an exciting suite of products that are being rapidly scaled, this experience will be invaluable to your development as an accounting professional.
What you'll work on:
- Support the Accounts Receivable process for subscription billing, ensuring that customers are configured with the correct subscriptions, customer invoices are distributed in a timely manner and the various forms of payment are reconciled.
- Review the subscription billing tool workflow and ensure that any failed payments are followed up, incoming customer payments are matched off and that the tool is correctly syncing with the accounting system.
- Prepare bi-weekly AR Aging reports to distribute to cross-functional teams at the company and send account statements to customers for outstanding receivables.
- Ensure revenue recognition of Circle Platform Services activity and reconciliation of deferred revenue on subscriptions is in compliance with ASC 606 guidelines as part of the monthly financial close.
- Reconcile bank account weekly for incoming ACH and wire payments made from customers.
- Support the USDC reconciliation process, including reconciling minting and burning of tokens on the various blockchains to the balance of reserves held.
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly and annual close processes, which includes the preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and monthly financial statements.
- Prepare reconciliations and supporting documentation for annual financial statement audits.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Experience supporting accounts receivable and billing functions, ideally in a rapid growth environment would be highly desirable.
- Flexibility to work independently and cross functionally with teams in a fast-paced, high volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills.
- Collaborative team player, while also capable of doing self-directed/self-initiated work
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience working in the payments industry or at a SaaS or Technology company would be highly sought after.
- Experience with Sage Intacct and subscription billing tools are a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.