About Eden GeoPower
Eden GeoPower is an energy startup company with a mission of promoting green energy technology projects including: converting existing retired oil and gas wells to base load amounts of clean renewable and emissions free electricity with competitive cost; water desalination project using forward osmosis principle; waste heat recovery; redesign of retired geothermal plants to a power production units involving new technology, etc. More information can be found on our web site https://www.edengeopower.com/
The Blockchain & Mining Development Intern Eden GeoPower will apply his mining and Blockchain related experience to play a key role in supporting Eden GeoPower’s Blockchain department. The Blockchain Intern will work closely and report to the Cryptocurrency Mining project manager, but will interact with all levels of the organization. This role will also provide exposure to the geothermal energy industry. The internship is around 20 hours per week, on a schedule mutually worked out between the intern and Eden GeoPower.
• Assist with department’s weekly goals and objectives;
• Perform market research related to both mining operation and electricity market;
• Reach out to key stakeholders to gather insightful data;
• Assist with mining operation business model and strategy elaboration;
• Assist with mining farm hardware and software installation;
• Assist with monitoring and maintenance of mining equipment;
• Assist with website and potential smart-contract development;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Graduate or undergraduate student in Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science are preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of Blockchain, smart-contracts, and cryptocurrency mining;
• Previous Mining, ICO or smart-contract development experience preferred;
• Self-starter who enjoys working in a team environment;
• Advanced oral and written communication skills;
• Strong independent researcher, available to conduct primary and secondary research;
• Fluency in Java and HTML languages;
• Experience with Solidity, a plus;
• Previous office and co-op/internship experience preferred; and
• Interest in clean energy or Blockchain regulation is useful, but not required.