Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
On the mobile team, we’re building the easiest way for people around the world to make cryptocurrency investments. Every day, we tackle hard engineering problems to build delightful and trustworthy user experiences. We want to bring Coinbase to every country in the world, and we’re excited to expand into predominantly mobile markets.
This is where you come in - you can help us build better portfolio tools, secure financial services, integrate new cryptocurrencies and launch in new countries. You’ll work closely with our product and design teams to identify what our customers need, and work cross functionally with other engineering and non-engineering teams to ship new features to the Coinbase app. If you’re passionate about cryptocurrency, hard engineering problems and building great user experiences, we should talk.
A little about our team: we’re a tight knit group of mobile engineers, with a designer and pm. We’re also very proud of our tooling and dev environment. Over 80% of our codebase is written in Swift 3, we have a continuous integration pipeline and desktop build machines to maximize our team’s productivity. We value positive energy, continuous learning, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background.
- Design improvements to our existing product by thinking from first principles and focussing our customers needs.
- Turn design ideas into features that scale to millions of users by working closely with engineers on mobile and backend teams.
- Take pride in quality - test, track and monitor features that you ship to our customers and fix issues that crop up.
- Work with engineers, product managers, designers and senior leadership to turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Add positive energy in every meeting or interaction with your coworkers - it’s one of the things that makes Coinbase a great place to work at.
- You have at least 2 years of experience developing native mobile applications and at least 4 years of software engineering experience.
- You’re familiar with mobile product and design lifecycles, and how to work with designers and product managers.
- You have experience shipping mobile apps to a large user base.
- You know how to write high quality code with automated tests.
- You’re comfortable with identifying and fixing performance bottlenecks.
Nice to Haves
- You have worked on mobile products with a focus on finance, security or user experience.
- You also know how to (or want to) develop on Android or Ruby on Rails.