Ethereum Classic Cooperative is a soon to be non-profit dedicated to supporting the Ethereum Classic blockchain (ETC) and ecosystem in a variety of ways, including marketing and awareness.
Ethereum Classic itself is a decentralized Cryptocurrency whose widely distributed community takes a strong and principled stance supporting immutability, and non-interventionism. The community is composed of several independently operating and funded teams plus a substantial number of volunteers and developers. We’ve thus far had a lot to offer both in fundamentals and tools but have fallen short on properly communicating our value to the broader Cryptocurrency space.
As Communications Director you will:
- Clearly distill messages about ETC developments, community, and other major news both from the ETC Cooperative and other teams that work within the ETC ecosystem.
- Communicate ETC’s core value propositions and the importance of blockchain fundamentals.
- Develop and execute awareness campaigns to better improve the public’s knowledge of ETC.
- Support conference planning and development.
- Build strong relationships with journalists across a variety of media, including broadcast, digital, and print.
- Manage social media platforms related to the ETC Cooperative.
- Occasionally attend conferences on behalf of the ETC Cooperative where appropriate.
- 3 - 5 years of experience within PR and Communications
- Strong communication skills, ability to articulate complex and nuanced ideas
- Experience in social media communications
- Willingness to learn a very complex and new industry
- Prior knowledge of blockchain technology and its social significance is a plus
- Deep philosophical understanding of memes is a plus
What we offer:
- Competitive salary range up to $110,000 depending on experience
- The ability to travel and develop connections within the blockchain ecosystem
- Remote work up to 2 days per week
- A large modern office with free snacks, drinks, and even espresso
- This is a full-time 1099 contracting position with a 12 month contract and opportunity to extend
Up to $110k depending on experience