The Ethereum Community Fund (ECF) is a non-profit grant program founded by the most prominent projects in the Ethereum and Ethereum-adjacent ecosystem including OmiseGo, Cosmos, Golem, MakerDao, and Web3 Foundation. The aim of ECF is to provide both funding and connectivity while shaping the strategic direction of the space towards mainstream adoption through the development of infrastructure and compelling end-user applications.
We are a group of diverse and globally distributed people that are highly passionate about growing the decentralized technology ecosystem through supporting key infrastructure, research, education, and community initiatives.
You will be in charge of executing the community and social media strategy set by the communication and grant management team, including managing and moderating our social channels, organizing events, as well as co-writing articles and blog posts.
The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, detail oriented, able to take feedback and constructive criticism positively, has exceptional communication skills, has an in-depth knowledge of blockchain social media channels and a has a proactive mindset to help us manage our growing community. Along the way, you will be supported by our team of strategists and grant managers, who will be helping out and setting you up for success.
Why you should join us
As well as having a reputable and highly visible role in the industry, you will establish an inside view in the ever-evolving blockchain industry and connections to the decentralized technology ecosystem. You will have the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with the greatest and brightest minds in the blockchain space.
You will be working with a multi-cultural team of people from all backgrounds, so don’t let the lack of technical knowledge keep you from applying, we can bring you up to speed!
What you will be working on
- Grow the community by generating content and engaging with a diverse audience
- Manage the ECF social media communities (Twitter, public chat, Reddit, etc.).
- Manage press relationships and press clippings
- Monitor events in the ecosystem and identify relevant ones to ECF, including speaking opportunities
- Help coordinate and organize community events around the world
- Collaborate with the rest of the communications team to create compelling content
- Track and report growth and engagement across social media channels
- Assist team members with proofreading and editing
- Make sure that the team has all the materials they need for public presentations (e.g. monitor and proofread their slides, fix the layout)
- Assist with AMA sessions and community broadcasts on different channels.
- Assist with FAQs, Wiki, etc.
- Extremely self-driven and able to execute in a diligent manner
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Passionate about the potential and future of decentralized technologies
- Record of participation in the blockchain communities
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- A quick responder to email and other communications–you’re motivated and excited to stay on top of things
- Understanding of Ethereum community and the blockchain ecosystem
- Experience in social media management, content generation, and events organization
- Open-mindedness to feedback and suggestions from the ECF members and co-workers
- Great redaction skills - previous experience in editorial writing is a plus
How to apply
Please email your resume along with a short cover letter explaining why you are interested in ECF and why you would be a good fit to the role.