Protocol Labs is a research, development, and deployment institution for improving Internet technology. Protocol Labs leads groundbreaking internet projects, such as IPFS, the decentralized web protocol; Filecoin, a cryptocurrency incentivized storage network; and libp2p, a modular network stack for peer-to-peer apps and systems. Protocol Labs works openly, and is focused on the creation of value at a massive scale.
As ConsensusLab Lead you will…
- Coordinate with teammates across the research and project teams to drive progress against the goals we want ConsensusLab to accomplish, driving consensus research to support multiple autonomous projects within the company
- Track and coordinate the known problems that must be solved to hit those goals, the proposed solutions to those problems, the interactions and constraints that proposed solutions have on each other, and the effects design requirements have on proposed solutions.
- Assemble a team of researchers to drive progress against these problems.
You may be a fit for this role if you have...
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- A familiarity with consensus research, in which you explored security or scalability of a system with byzantine or rational actors
- A love of supporting others in their efforts to learn and push the boundaries of human knowledge
- You’ve applied game theory, mechanism design, or agent-based modeling to fault tolerant system
- You’ve previously managed a team of researchers working on novel consensus algorithms