Front-End Engineer - Live Core Tech
Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3. Over 20% of the world’s crypto assets are secured through our Ledger Nanos. Headquartered in Paris and Vierzon, with offices in the UK, US, Switzerland and Singapore, Ledger has a team of more than 600 professionals developing a variety of products and services to enable individuals and companies to securely buy, store, swap, grow and manage crypto assets – including the Ledger hardware wallets line with more than 5 millions units already sold in 180 countries.
At Ledger, we embody the values that make us unique: Pragmatism, Audacity, Commitment, Trust and Transparency.
We're making the world of digital assets accessible and secure for everyone. Join the mission. Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3. Over 20% of the world’s crypto assets are secured through our Ledger Nanos. Headquartered in Paris and Vierzon, with offices in UK, US, Switzerland and Singapore, Ledger has a team of more than 900 professionals developing a variety of products and services to enable individuals and companies to securely buy, store, swap, grow and manage crypto assets – including the Ledger hardware wallets line with more than 6 millions units already sold in 200 countries. At Ledger, we embody the values that make us unique: Pragmatism, Audacity, Commitment, Trust and Transparency. Hear from our employees how they shape the work we do here.Ledger has developed Ledger Live, an application to manage all your blockchain-backed assets. It’s built in React.js (Electron on Desktop and React Native on Mobile) and supports multiple blockchains (coins & NFTs) as well as provides multiple services by integrating DApps and offering a SDK for 3rd parties to integrate. Of course, all this is backed by our hardware wallets which Ledger Live allows you to manage. The application is developed by several teams, each working on specific parts of the software. To sustain the company's growth, we are looking for a new Front-End Engineer. Reporting to the Live Core Team Lead, you will work on Ledger Live transversal tooling, common libraries and reusable components that are consumed by all developers contributing to Ledger Live Applications.This includes CI workflows (Github Actions), Developer Experience tooling, supervision of the libraries of UI components & associated storybooks as well as analytics and feature flag client libraries.
- Own from a technical standpoint the desktop and mobile development of Ledger Live Applications,
- Collaborate with our devs, QA, designers and product within Ledger Live teams,
- Take initiatives and offer technical solutions,Design, implement and maintain tools, processes and practices that improve Developer Experience,
- Maintain and improve core libraries, tooling and CI flows
- Participate in code reviews,
- Be responsible for the quality of Ledger’s UI/UX framework,
- Mentor and promote tech growth within the team,
- Work 100% on Open Source projects all gathered in our monorepo: ledger-live,
- Share knowledge within Ledger and beyond.
What we’re looking for
- Engineer profile with at least 3 years of experience in software development,
- A curious mind with a positive attitude to join a highly collaborative team,
- Strong experience in React.js development, tools and libraries,
- Good knowledge of UI/UX practices in software development,
- First experience on tooling, testing or CI topics.
Nice to have
- Experience with React Native and/or Electron,
- Experience in Web3 topics and technical stack,
- Experience in maintaining a library of shared components,
- Experience building Chrome Extensions.
What’s in it for you?
- Equity: Employees are the foundation of our success, and we award stock options so you can share in that success as we grow. Flexibility: A hybrid work policy.
- Social: Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days, plus frequent social events, snacks and drinks
- Medical: Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage. Well-being: Personal development, coaching & fitness with our dedicated partners.
- Vacation: Five weeks of paid leave per year, in addition to national holidays and rest & relaxation (RTT) days.
- High tech: Access to high performance office equipment and gadgets, including Apple products.
- Transport: Ledger reimburses part of your preferred means of transportation.
- Discounts: Employee discount on all our products.