BitMEX is the leader in the Bitcoin/USD market and is rapidly expanding. As one of the fastest-growing companies in the Cryptocurrency and Fintech space, we provide a unique, trading-focused experience to digital currency markets. BitMEX is a finance-first company, building upon the technologies and best practices used in today’s fast-moving derivatives markets and bringing them to the web.
We are hiring motivated self-starters to work on challenging problem sets. BitMEX serves hundreds of thousands of demanding customers transacting billions of USD per day.
As Head of Data Science, you are a mathematician and engineer with experience delivering data and event pipelines, building data warehouses for internal metrics, and making massive amounts of data available in real time for a variety of analysis. You’ve built teams related to the above and are used to reporting to senior management.
- Build a team capable of developing and maintaining all internal data science products and servicing the various stakeholders inside BitMEX
- Provide mentoring and guidance to your team across various data science disciplines
- Develop and serve real time analytics to Product, Marketing, Business Development, Management,Investment, Risk Management, and Engineering teams
- Manage data science intiatives, priorities, and delivery
- Help generate and produce new end user products based on original data science work
- 5+ years of professional experience, with a proven track record building teams
- An advanced degree in mathematics or statistics, or equivalent experience
- Experience with AWS services and operating in the cloud generally
- Experience with Kafka, Kinesis, or NATS a plus
- Experience moving large amounts of realtime data, and making it available to internal analytics tools
- Familiarity with current industry data pipeline and ETL techniques
- Experience in finance not required, but a plus