Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets.
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of stablecoins and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin, which now stands at a 2+ billion market cap and is adding more than 100 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce,” Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As a Manager of Anti-Money Laundering (AML), you’ll help oversee our AML and Sanctions Team, which is responsible for customer onboarding, and analyzing and reporting financial crime. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, inquisitive individual with a background in AML investigations, who is extremely customer and team focused.
What you will be working on:
- Managing a team of analysts in global locations.
- Oversee customer Know Your Customer (KYC) and onboarding and alert review processes including the documentation of policies, procedures.
- Identify areas of enhancement in the AML and sanctions program
- Investigating, analyzing and identifying AML alerts which may lead to filing suspicious activity reports as required by law.
- Ensure the highest standards of documentation and quality in the execution of onboarding and transaction monitoring processes.
- Work closely with the Risk Product and Analytics team to ensure the transaction monitoring rules adequately cover all identified risks.
- Closely follow legal, compliance, and enforcement developments in the cryptocurrency industry to ensure our processes keep pace.
- Partner with Circle’s engineering and product teams to ensure the AML and sanctions program is supported with the most effective tools and technological support.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- A passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
- B.A./B.S. degree; quantitative or technical degree a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in KYC and transaction monitoring including 3+ years of experience managing teams.
- An innovative and creative mind looking to suggest new solutions to old problems.
- Deep experience and knowledge of traditional money laundering and terrorist financing typologies.
- Compliance experience in either banking, consulting, or cryptocurrency required. Experience in RegTech or Fintech company preferred.
- Understanding or experience with Chainalysis, Elliptic, Coinfirm or other on-chain monitoring solutions.
- Understanding of financial crime case management software (e.g., Actimize, Fircosoft, Norkom).
- Proven experience working collaboratively and effectively with the ability to work with multiple stakeholders and internal teams.
- Experience and comfort working in an ever changing industry and the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands.
- CAMS, CFCS or CFE certification is a plus.
Bermuda, Ireland or the United Kingdom preferred. Other locations may be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.