Ripple is looking for a solution-oriented professional to join our Compliance team. In this role, you will engage on a wide variety of regulatory compliance matters supporting Ripple’s growing business and product offerings.
Ripple is primarily a technology company supporting financial services and payments businesses so the ideal candidate must be comfortable straddling both disciplines, and must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and collaborating cross-functionally to develop truly innovative technologies for next generation cross-border payments solutions.
This position will report to the Director of Compliance and is based in San Francisco.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Collaborate with internal business partners to assess compliance and risk considerations for new products from concept stage to implementation
- Understand the cybersecurity regulatory and compliance landscape as it relates to information security requirements, vendor risk management, business continuity planning and more
- Perform compliance and control testing against Ripple’s policies and procedures and identify opportunities for increased efficiency and execution
- Review and verify current and future control solutions to manage risk and improve the Compliance Program
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments to assess potential impact to Ripple’s product roadmap
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3–5 years in a previous compliance position at a payments institution, preferably in a technology function
- Solid understanding of general compliance and payments regulation
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally with technical and non-technical groups and driving projects to completion
- Comfortable executing independently in a team environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Results-driven mindset
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 95% paid medical, dental & vision insurance for employees; 65% paid for employee dependents
- Generous Health & Wellness program
- Industry-leading maternity & paternity leave policies
- Flexible vacation policy- work with your manager to take time off when you need
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages and coffee drinks
- Bi-weekly lunches and optional gourmet dinners
- Weekly yoga at work
- Monthly team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
WHO WE ARE:
We provide global financial settlement solutions to ultimately enable the world to exchange value like it already exchanges information – giving rise to an Internet of Value (IoV). Ripple solutions lower the total cost of settlement by enabling banks to transact directly, without correspondent banks, and with real-time certainty of settlement. Banks around the world are partnering with Ripple to improve their cross-border payment offerings, and to join the growing, global network of financial institutions and market makers laying the foundation for the Internet of Value.
We’re backed by prominent investors like Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, CME Group, Santander Bank and Seagate Technology. We’re headquartered in San Francisco’s Financial District with offices in New York, London, Luxembourg, and Sydney. As an industry advocate for the Internet of Value, Ripple sits on the Federal Reserve’s Faster Payments Task Force Steering Committee and co-chairs the W3C’s Web Payments Working Group.
#legal, #complience, #san francisco, #law, #attorney
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.