Ripple is expanding its Compliance team and seeks to hire a seasoned Director of Compliance to advise on regulatory, network and partnership compliance for product solutions, manage Ripple’s vendor risk management program, and oversee Ripple’s technology service provider compliance activities. This position will report directly to the Chief Compliance Officer.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop and implement corrective action plans to resolve potential issues
- Assess general compliance risks for all new products and services, and recommend appropriate risk mitigation strategies
- Drive implementation of compliance and operational risk management processes across the organization
- Perform compliance testing and monitoring required by Ripple Compliance Policy
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, manage Ripple’s vendor risk management process from initial due diligence processing to ongoing monitoring, documentation, and maturity
- Review advertisements, new product materials, social media postings, and website changes for compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments to identify potential impact to Ripple’s product roadmap
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3-5 years in a previous compliance managerial position at a banking or payments institution, preferably in a technology function
- Comfortable executing independently in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Solid understanding of general compliance and payments regulation
- Experience developing policies and implementing procedures that balance compliance risk versus innovation
- Skilled in collaborating with stakeholders at all levels across technical and non-technical groups
- A mindset to deliver results resourcefully with proven ability to drive cross-functional compliance and risk projects to completion
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 95% paid medical, dental & vision insurance for employees; 65% paid for employee dependents
- Generous Health & Wellness program
- Industry-leading maternity & paternity leave policies
- Flexible vacation policy- work with your manager to take time off when you need
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages and coffee drinks
- Bi-weekly lunches and optional gourmet dinners
- Monthly team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
WHO WE ARE:
We provide global financial settlement solutions to ultimately enable the world to exchange value like it already exchanges information – giving rise to an Internet of Value (IoV). Ripple solutions lower the total cost of settlement by enabling banks to transact directly, without correspondent banks, and with real-time certainty of settlement. Banks around the world are partnering with Ripple to improve their cross-border payment offerings, and to join the growing, global network of financial institutions and market makers laying the foundation for the Internet of Value.
We’re backed by prominent investors like Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, CME Group, Santander Bank and Seagate Technology. We’re headquartered in San Francisco’s Financial District with offices in New York, London, Luxembourg, and Sydney. As an industry advocate for the Internet of Value, Ripple sits on the Federal Reserve’s Faster Payments Task Force Steering Committee and co-chairs the W3C’s Web Payments Working Group.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.