We are on a world-changing mission to build a new, regenerative economy and a more human internet.
Holo is a distributed cloud platform that enables our community to earn cryptocurrency by hosting truly peer-to-peer applications on their own mini servers. Holo is built on Holochain, our new open source, post-blockchain framework that is faster, massively scalable and 10,000x cheaper.
Following our successful ICO, we are rapidly expanding and are looking for high-level Developers to help us build out our Holochain app.
This is a perfect opportunity for a hands-on talent professional who wants an exciting challenge, working in a highly entrepreneurial environment on a world-changing mission.
Where you will fit in:
We are looking for a Senior Front End Developer to join our team that is creating cutting edge distributed infrastructure. We are looking for someone to take point on designing the front end that integrates tightly with our new and fast-developing backend. Working within our agile teams, you will be challenged to keep the Web Applications evolving to keep up with changing feature and user requirements.
What your specific role will entail:
- Lead the front end architecture and development and take ownership of the design and UI planning on complex distributed projects
- Develop a suite of components and design/development standards for UI that can be used across multiple Web Apps to provide a consistent user experience
- Take feedback from users and the UX team to continuously improve the usability of the Web Apps
- Represent views on technical feasibility of UX designs
- Create high quality, well tested code, deploy it to production and see your work used immediately
- Evolve Web Applications to keep pace with continuously improving backend capabilities and new client requirements
- Keep up to date with emerging web technologies and application development techniques
- Work within Agile teams to enable other developers to work with the design standards and produce quality code
What you’ll need: (Technical skills required)
- An awareness and point of view on emerging technologies and market trends
- 5+ years experience of application development
- Experience of our Tech Stack - React, Redux, Typescript, React-native (Rust and Assemblyscript are a plus)
- Understanding of pros and cons of js frameworks vs Vanilla Js
- Good understanding of, CSS and tools and approaches for realising UX designs including in-depth expertise in CSS architectures (BEM, ITCSS, CSS-in-JS etc.) and tooling (e.g. PostCSS and SASS)
- Experience in working with Node.js along with setting up front-end build systems and automation using Webpack, Gulp or similar
- Understanding of cloud platforms and deployment
- Dedication to quality code with commitment to testing and continuous improvement
- Degree in Comp Sci or related subject, or clear demonstration of education in algorithms and data structures
- Solid understanding of how to build scalable, accessible and secure applications
- Experienced with scrum, and agile processes for enabling mvp solutions via regular sprints and demos
- Experienced working with large remote teams and UX designers and researchers
- Experience in Crypto would be a plus
Some details about what we offer:
- Generous salary (National Currency)
- Generous bonus program (HOT & Holo Fuel)
- Supportive team trial period
- Regular team meetings (video and in person)
- Collaborative and inspiring culture
- Flexible work schedules and vacation
- Motivated, passionately engaged and evolutionary global teammates
Holo is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate our diverse, creative, and collaborative team.