Senior Legal Counsel
P2P.org launched in 2018 with a mission to positively influence the development of PoS technologies. Since our launch we have grown to manage 1.9+ billion USD in staked assets across more than 40,000 investors and 50+ unique blockchain networks and now P2P.org is a global Top-3 Non-Custodial staking provider.
P2P.org has successfully raised $23M in a Series A Funding Round. This funding will support services for direct holders and also launch a new infrastructure platform for intermediaries, such as those offering custody, wallets, and exchanges.
✅ Provide staking infrastructure and services for banks, custodians, exchanges, wallets and institutional investors.
✅ We provide blockchain foundation teams with infrastructure and services for faster product development.
✅ We provide investors with a single entry point to all blockchains.
✅ We provide developers with access to blockchain data.
P2P.org consists of talented, inspiring individuals spread around the globe ❤️
Nevertheless, our team is distributed, we have one thing in common: our passion for the decentralized future. We believe in the power of decentralized finance, a system that is supposed to be fair to everyone. We all share this passion to code, learn, create, and connect to collectively contribute to the future of finance 💰
P2P.org is a powerful brand with a good reputation, and over the years we have developed a good network. We try to provide the best conditions for our customers. We're also big tech geeks, with a keen interest in developing cool new tech, which further increases the confidence in our brand 🤓
We are looking for 🔍
We are seeking a legal rockstar to join our team, armed with a law degree and a minimum of 6 years of experience. You'll take charge of various legal tasks, provide strategic insights, and help streamline our legal operations.
You will 🚀
- Manage legal operations, including overseeing external counsel and developing documentation.
- Conduct legal research and analyze regulations.
- Administer internal compliance procedures.
- Independently handle all legal matters and develop legal strategies in emerging and unregulated fields.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of emerging technologies, securities regulations, and associated risks.
- Perform legal reviews, assess risks and opportunities.
- Develop and implement legal analyses and strategies to support growth and mitigate risks.
- Provide legal advice on areas relevant to tech startups, such as intellectual property and employment.
- Research laws, practices, and regulations in the US, EU, and other foreign jurisdictions for strategic decision-making.
- Manage day-to-day legal operations, including contractual agreements, compliance, and structuring.
- Negotiate partnerships, investments, grants, and commercial agreements.
- Handle the full cycle of corporate documentation, from planning and drafting to implementation.
- Contribute to building a streamlined legal operation process.
- Work closely with the team to enhance the efficiency of legal operations.
You have 🤓
- A degree in law from a recognized institution (bachelor's or master's degree). Some business education is advantageous, including international business law and English common law.
- Experience in securities and investment law and GDPR is a plus.
- Experience in IT, IP, crypto, legal, and fintech, with a background in venture-backed startups or rapidly growing international companies with a well-established reputation.
- Proven experience with cryptocurrency projects and familiarity with blockchain mechanics are required.
- 6+ years of post-qualification experience (PQE).
- Fluent in English.
What we offer ➡️
At P2P.org we have a team of experts with their own unique approach and ownership culture. Together we gain experience and make dreams come true! 🌟
- Remote working from any part of the world to your liking as long as your business hours fit Cyprus time zone.
- Work from anywhere in the world: an international distributed team.
- Competitive salary level in $
- Well-being program.
- Mental Health care program.
- Compensation for education, including English & professional growth courses.
- Equipment & co-working reimbursement program.
- Overseas conferences, community immersion.
- Positive and friendly communication culture.
P2P.org is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability.