Senior Regulatory Reporting Analyst
Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets.
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of stablecoins and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin, which now stands at a 1.5 billion market cap and is adding more than 100 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce,” Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
The primary responsibility of the position is day-to-day management and administration of Circle’s global regulatory reporting. Duties include preparing reports in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with state and foreign regulations, which requires regulatory and legal analysis and interpretation and a working knowledge of financial accounting and data set analysis. This position will interact directly and frequently with regulators and work directly cross-functionally with internal stakeholders. Additionally, this position will be supporting the Regulatory and Compliance Risk Manager in the areas of supervisory exam management, escheatment, and risk assessments.
The position will be responsible for regulatory reporting across Circle’s primary entities in the US, EU, UK and Bermuda, with an emphasis on individual U.S. state reporting.
What you'll work on:
- Prepare monthly / quarterly / annual and ad-hoc regulatory reports including but not limited to annual reports at both the entity and licensing level, annual business registration and license renewals, and quarterly financial reporting
- Reconcile and cross-check reporting data sets and perform analysis to ensure accuracy
- Ensure any changes to the reporting regulations made by state or federal regulatory authorities are incorporated into reporting processes
- Be the primary point of contact and “face of the organization” to external regulators regarding reporting matters
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders across organization
- Support management and team members
- Prepare and meet deadlines for the submission of reports to regulatory authorities with accurate data and financial information and maintain back-up supporting documents and folders
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of financial / regulatory reporting requirements and communicate these changes as needed to internal stakeholders, proposing any solutions if required
- Provide back-up support to management
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multi-stakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Paralegal or law degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience as a paralegal or in financial institution regulatory reporting
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Product Suite - Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Google Product Suite; Apple products
- SQL knowledge is preferable
- Cryptocurrency knowledge is preferable
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.