A Custom Accelerator for Web 3.0.
We have advised, invested in and incubated 25 projects in the New Data Economy over 5 years. We have condensed 5 years of learning into an accelerator program to support pre-seed stage startups across all 3 key layers of Infrastructure, Middleware & Applications.
Providing customised entrepreneur mentorship and bespoke Web 3 expertise and support:
- New business / governance models
- Open source landscape
- New technology stack / developer tooling
- New fundraising mechanisms
- New regulations (data, privacy & crypto)
With Base Camp, we are recruiting, financing and providing a launchpad for pre-seed projects anywhere in Europe. Providing product support, hub services, and partnering with them on their web 3 concepts. We run multiple cohorts per year with six to ten startups each.
Recent Base Camp alumni startups include:
- Blockchain analytics tools for cryptoassets
- Self sovereign identity for gaming and beyond
- Decentralised mobile network infrastructure
- Relayer network for decentralised apps with frictionless user experience
- Infrastructure for tokenising and trading real-world things as NFTs
- Immutable financial market data for digital and traditional assets
- Advising portfolio companies on technical design and performing any associated market research.
- Performing technical due diligence and advising the investment team on potential investments.
- Supporting portfolio companies in software development where needed, e.g. to develop additional features or UX components such as APIs and front-ends.
- Producing technical reports and blogs covering industry trends, including writing any software required to gather and visualise data. Again, there is flexibility for you to choose your own languages and tools.
- Presenting your work and the startups we work with at events, and being active in developer communities e.g. on Discord and Gitter.
To be successful, you will:
- Become a trusted member of the team whom others can rely on to get things done
- Work autonomously, while communicating often and clearly
- Maintain high standards in information security
- Automate as much as you can, in your own work and that of others
- Learn fast. You’ll work with many different quickly evolving technologies.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate is a software engineer with experience in blockchain and pitching technical products.
- 1-3 years experience in a software-focused role.
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative subject with a programming component.
- Strong programming skills in a leading object-oriented language such as Python or Java.
- 1+ years of smart contract development experience, preferably Solidity.
- Hands-on experience with blockchain technologies such as Ethereum, Bitcoin, Corda and IPFS.
- Know your way in many different programming languages and technology stacks and quickly get up to speed with new ones, rather than be an expert in a single one.
- Technical architecting ability, particularly scalability and security.
- An aptitude for code review and an understanding of the markers of a quality codebase (design patterns, testing, documentation, commit activity, CI/CD).
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to advise on technical direction and explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Great writing skills
- Some experience with setting up and running blockchain nodes
- Software security training, particularly smart contract security.
- Proven blockchain technical design experience.
- You are comfortable with public speaking and writing
- Rust, Go.
- Fast track your career by getting 5 years technology experience in 1
- Build your profile as an analyst and developer in Web 3
- Work with bleeding edge technology in an exciting, rapidly developing industry space.
- Exceptional freedom to choose your own technology stack to get the job done.
- Hands on experience in scaling a startup, ‘insider view’ from the VC side.
- Join an early stage company with a vibrant and diverse team and experience the entrepreneurial journey
- Apply your skills to make a genuine difference in the world
- Build the next generation of business and the internet
- Competitive salary with room for growth
Working at Outlier Ventures
At Outlier Ventures we value curiosity of mind and an agile, entrepreneurial mindset. We are looking for people who combine the ability to think long term with the capability to identify what is important, and move quickly to create value.
We value all people, regardless of their gender, age, disabilities, race, ethnic origin, pregnancy or maternity status, religious beliefs, political beliefs, marital status or sexual orientation.
We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, and are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity both as a partner, provider of services and as an employer.
We are an open and honest team, you will need a collaborative mindset, and one that aims for rigorous thinking but is able to respect diversity of thought.
Our business philosophy is founded on thinking deeply and adopting contrarian positions so to support that we aim to attract and inspire a diverse team of thinkers and doers.
We combine thinking with a high expectation of quality so you will do well in our team if you can execute with passion and with attention to detail down to the last moment. The businesses and projects that partner with us do so as we add value, and to do that we require the right mix of service and leadership, and the judgement on when to apply each.