Lead Solidity Developer
Giveth has a great reputation and a powerful legacy to uphold.
Created in 2016 by the White Hat Group, rising like a phoenix out of the ashes of TheDAO, Giveth is a very well respected member of the Ethereum community. Most notably we created the Minime Token and Liquid Pledging, which have been adopted by many notable projects in the space. Every DAO that that uses Aragon's framework is using our Minime token contracts and Status used Liquid Pledging to build Assemble for it's own fund management.
In 2017, our team rescued 210 million dollars from vulnerable Parity multisigs at a Giveth all-hands meeting, returning it within a week.
Our focus now is in building a cryptoeconomic system that can reward good people for giving to good projects. It is sad that this is a revolutionary, idea. But it is!
Giveth is poised to become the easiest way for the value-driven, collective-focused magic-makers of the world to access the revolutionary funding streams that the crypto space (especially the Ethereum community) is dreaming up.
We are seeking an experienced Solidity Developer that has significantly contributed to the launch of a project before. Ideally this developer would be familiar with Defi, DAOs and Liquidity Mining. We love passionate people and hope to call in someone excited about helping nonprofits by helping us Build the Future of Giving.
Further qualifications include understanding how to fork and adapt previously audited contracts from other projects to re-purpose them for our own use and, of course, a willingness to do other backend development work as we are a small collaborative team.
A desire to cooperate with our allies in this effort, like Gitcoin, clr.fund, WeTrust, and others is the only attitude that is required to join this organization. Otherwise we prefer to have a diversity of opinion and temperament styles. :-D
Tasks that need your leadership
(90%) Lead Giveth's Smart Contract development & implementation
○ Work with project, product & dev teams to scope and execute agile project plans
○ Lead Solidity development & testing - adapting previously audited contracts from other projects for our own use with as few modifications as possible, with tests upon tests upon tests.
○ Supporting other backend work beyond Solidity development
○ Participate in weekly Community Call s(currently ~1 hour/week) & GIV Token Sprints (currently ~2 hours/week)
○ During calls, provide updates on the GitHub issues you are owning and request support from the team when necessary - always be clear about your bandwidth and priorities
○ Participate in 1 on 1 and small group hack sessions to accomplish specific tasks throughout the sprint so we can complete our goals by the end of sprints
○ Review completed issues, mark them as ‘Done’ once all acceptance criteria have been met
○ Cultivate relationships of trust and vulnerability with our team, allies and collaborators. We are a family first and a job second.
○ Use the Giveth DApps!
○ Test new features before they go live.
○ Give feedback to the team to help make the app more user friendly.
○ Be passionate, learn and share about Giveth, our projects and our allies too.
We are open to a variety of backgrounds to accomplish these goals and are calling for dedicated Solidity development professionals. Ideally, you are someone who is focused, dedicated, fluent in English, with a track record of developing and launching crypto projects remotely.
We are dedicated to building systems that appreciate value creation in the care work and stewardship of Public Goods. Giveth is the critical interface that enables the legacy nonprofit world to connect to the blockchain evolution that can value this important work and make it not only sustainable, but regenerative.