Finding an entry-level Cryptocurrency job
How to find an entry level cryptocurrency job. The only guide you need!
If you’re asking yourself how to find an entry-level cryptocurrency job, you’ve come to the right place. How do you start looking for something that you are unfamiliar with?
Let me share with you some of my experiences and things that I learned along the way when I first started.
Just a short introduction about myself: I am 28, born and raised in sunny Singapore, a small country with a high cost of living. I first found out about crypto in late 2017, and like most of us, I was clueless and did not know what to do or where to start. So I bought some Bitcoin and HODL it like everyone else.
After three years of being in the crypto space, I started dipping my toes into trading, which did not end very well for a beginner like myself. So I asked myself, what else can I do to earn money from crypto? I started doing some research and landed myself as a moderator ( volunteer ) in a DAO called Inverse Finance, which gave me the experience to secure the role of a moderator ( paid ) in another three projects.
How to get a job in Cryptocurrency?
Getting an entry-level job in the cryptocurrency industry is not too hard. As the industry is rapidly expanding, there is immense demand for good crypto talent at all levels. The best approach is to understand the crypto industry, figure out the niches you’re interested in, and go for it.
- Find your passion
- What are the entry-level jobs you can go for
- What do cryptocurrency jobs pay you?
Finding Your Crypto Passion
Here are some tips that helped me along the way.
- Find a project that interests you and contribute in any way you can and expect nothing in return.
- Know where to search. I use Twitter to keep up to date with what is going on in the crypto space and Crypto Jobs List for any new job posting.
- Be honest when interviewing for any role because it is better to get rejected than to get the job and not do it.
- Talk to as many people as possible. You never know who might be your knight in shining armor * winks *. I once met an anon on the internet that took the time to explain what Defi is and never fail to answer any of my questions even though it may sound stupid.
What are entry-level crypto jobs?
Now that you know where to look for jobs, you must be thinking about what kind of job is considered an entry-level job, right? These are some of what I regard as entry-level jobs.
- Set and implement rules for Telegram and Discord.
- Identify and recruit moderators.
- Remove spam and set up bots for communication channels.
- Liaise with content creator/influencer for marketing campaigns and giveaways.
- Build a long-term strategy to grow the community from scratch.
- Set up AMAs and partnerships with other communities.
Skilled required: Familiar with Telegram and Discord. Great communication skills. Have previous Community Management experience. Be fluent in English. Have basic knowledge about Defi and Crypto. Good writing skills. Patience for endless questions from community members.
Crypto Content Writing
- Liaise with team members regarding upcoming events and create overview press releases on the product, key features, and other relevant attributes.
- Produce how-to-do tutorials for new investors in the project.
- Helping the team with technical documentation.
- Research and write about upcoming events in the crypto space.
Skills Required: Fluent in English. Creativity is MUST. Basic knowledge about Crypto and Defi.
Customer Service or Crypto Customer Support
- Provide customers with phone calls, tickets, and live chats.
- Help users with onboarding and account-related requests.
- Proactively identify customer needs and help customers use specific features.
- Report any bugs found by customers.
- Gather customer feedback and share it with our Product, Sales, and Marketing teams.
Skills Required: Confident verbal communication and polished written communication. Strong/Good analytical and problem-solving skills. Basic knowledge about crypto. Experience and comfort with solving complex problems from end-to-end
- Research trending topics in the crypto space, investigate specific projects and protocols, compile reports for team members.
- Creating a range of content mediums including, short text-based updates, long-form reports, and video and audio content.
Skills Required: Initiative to do things when there is no clear path. Impeccable attention to detail. Excellent oral and written communication skills and communicate complex topics to expert and non-expert audiences alike. Strong knowledge about crypto and DeFi.
Entry-level Marketing Jobs
Create marketing strategies to reach out to people, identify and form partnerships with other projects or individuals, develop marketing campaigns for social media like Twitter and Reddit.
Skills required: Creative thinking, ability to think outside the box. Excellent verbal and written skills to produce high-quality content and a sense of aesthetics to manage the brand. Understands how to conduct a competition analysis, evaluate market trends and provide appropriate business feedback to the product team. Basic understanding of influencer/marketing rules and knows how to negotiate influencer partnerships.
So what is the next step?
Every project in crypto is like a company in “real life, “and it requires all sorts of roles and people, so prepare your CV and send it to all the projects out there. Don't be afraid of rejections because it’s better to try and fail than not to try at all. It may take days, weeks, or even months to find a job in crypto because you are competing with the most intelligent people on the planet, but if you don’t give up, you will get to where you want to be!
Raman Shalupau • September 14, 2022 • 2 min read
Raman Shalupau • September 13, 2022 • 6 min read
Raman Shalupau • September 05, 2022 • 2 min read
64% of #crypto job posts require devs to master React.js… Here are 6 resources that will make you a React.js wiz!🧙♂️ But first, what is React.js?
Erika Rykun • July 14, 2022 • 7 min read
Here’s why it’s worthwhile to use the winning strategies for salary negotiation and improve your negotiating skills:
Raman Shalupau • April 06, 2022 • 1 min read
Vignesh • March 30, 2022 • 6 min read
An on-chain resume is an essential first step to showing your talent in the Web3 space. Here's how you can get started with building an on-chain resume.