Otherlife by MoonPay is a creative studio specializing in Web3 product strategy, design, development, and branding for the world’s leading companies and brands including Arsenal Football Club, Coinbase, OpenSea, and Shopify.
About the Position:
The Design Director is responsible for delivering against a wide range of design deliverables in a multidisciplinary environment. Working under the guidance of the Creative Director, they must demonstrate excellent attention to detail in design and craft. The Design Director will be the second highest design leader in the agency and will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of the design team. They will lead the design team with enthusiasm and collaboration to motivate team members to achieve their best work. They will also execute across a range of projects including branding & identity, digital campaigns, web experiences (websites, digital Web3 activations), packaging + print, and work closely with other departmental leadership and clients to ensure design integrity and brand alignment across all touch points.
Note: This role requires a minimum of 10 years in a Creative Leadership role such as Art Director, Design Director, Creative Director (or higher) within an agency setting. Candidates without this experience will not be considered**
Key Responsibilities, Skills & Experience:
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills—the ability to work with Art Directors, Senior Designers, and the Creative Director with the confidence and skill to communicate ideas clearly.
- Define and develop digital product/media experiences and concepts into tangible solutions in collaboration with design leads.
- Execute detailed design of defined experiences working across the service components and visual language
- Design wireframes, screens, and prototypes to illustrate product behaviour
- Design and complete of all phases of graphic design work related to your projects
- Participate in all project phases, from strategy, development, launch to optimization
- Conduct research, including trends and competitor analysis.
- Create presentations and written rationales for internal critiques and client facing reviews
- 5+ years of visual design experience, preferably some in an agency environment.
- Strong conceptual thinking. We want people who can start a project off from an incredibly strong position and come up with surprising, smart concepts to move forward with.
- Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, and Sketch should be core elements of your toolbox.
- Experience designing new, innovative layouts and designs that scale and flex across different platforms, including web, mobile, presentations etc.
- A user centric design approach, as evidenced by considerations for accessibility, technology platforms, and contextual storytelling.
- A passion for all aspects of design including conceptual thinking, typography, motion, copy, and imagery.
- Experience building products, developing component-based design systems and adapting brand guidelines to create scalable systems.
- Bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) in Graphic Design, Digital Media, or closely related field
- A great attitude
Minimum Experience: 10 years in a Creative Leadership role such as Art Director, Design Director, Creative Director (or higher) within an agency setting.
- Health & dental benefits
- Company events
- Access to special events
- Office lunches
- Swag / merch
- Paid vacation time
Listed in: Crypto Jobs, Research Web3 Jobs, Web3 Crypto Jobs, Director Web3 Jobs, Senior Crypto Jobs, Move Crypto Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.
Please let MoonPay know that you found this job on Crypto Jobs List. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!