Director of Compliance Risk
As the Director of Compliance Risk, you’ll join our team at MoonPay leading its compliance risk management efforts.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, inquisitive individual with a background in AML/BSA, Sanctions, and Customer Protection compliance, who is extremely strategic and enjoys solving problems. We are currently looking for candidates in the North America / EMEA / APAC regions.
What you’ll do 👀
- Develop and oversee the development of the Compliance Controls Environment. Work closely with Quality Assurance, design an issue management process, and implement to ensure all issues are satisfactorily resolved.
- Manage independent review, examination and self-identified issues to understand the root cause. Perform root cause analysis, work with the compliance operations teams and technology to ensure a comprehensive plan is developed and approved, and ensure testing of the issues after completion to assess if the proper corrective actions were implemented and working as designed.
- Configure and roll out a global risk assessment for 50+ regulators.
- Participate in, assess risk, and design controls associated with new products.
- Oversee the production of the country risk rating methodology and subsequent classification.
- Oversee the development of the Customer Risk Rating Methodology.
- Direct and orchestrate the Financial Crimes Risk Committee with the Global Heads of Compliance.
- Ensure third party risk process/vendor management processes are further developed and refined.
- Work with the first line of defense and customer operations teams to develop Key Performance & RIsk Indicators.
- Work with technology functional subject matter experts to ensure proper documentation is developed for all implementations of AML and sanctions applications to meet the requirements of NY DFS 504 and model validation requirements globally.
You should apply if ✅
A passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
7+ years experience at a financial institution, ideally in FinTech and/or MSBs.
7+ years of experience with regulatory compliance in the finance industry (i.e. PCI DSS, DFS, GDPR etc.).
7+ years of experience leading compliance initiatives from inception to implementation.
B.A./B.S. Degree; quantitative or technical degree a plus.
ACAMS / ACFCS or ICA accreditation
Experience with auditing compliance requirements against Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), and Consumer Protection programs. Additionally, experience in implementing programs to meet regulatory obligations related to New York DFS 503/504.
Experience working with auditors and/or external regulators.
Experience reporting technology and compliance posture to senior stakeholders.
Strong experience in developing MIS reporting to measure performance in the achievement of KPIs.
Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
Excellent project management skills.
Experience representing data in graphical forms.
Experience with OFAC & BSA solutions.
Ability to take lead on cross functional teams, to drive initiatives and improve internal processes.
Able to work well independently or as part of a team.
Customer oriented in your approach.
An innovative and creative mind looking to suggest new solutions to old problems.
Strong organizational and analytical skills with great attention to detail.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Additional languages will be considered an asset.
First-rate decision making skills, bias for action and sound judgment.
Ability to maintain a strong operational focus with the capacity to manage time sensitive workflows across competing priorities.