We believe that everyone should have access to the best earning opportunities. Our mission is to unlock the full potential of digital assets, combine them with the most rewarding opportunities available across all financial markets and make these available to the world. To achieve this, we provide an innovative digital wealth platform that bridges traditional and decentralized finance in the easiest way possible.
Despite the current turbulent market, Yield App continues to build for the future and has multiple exciting projects and acquisitions under way.
As a Fraud Analyst, you will be responsible for identifying and investigating potential fraudulent activity, and taking appropriate actions to mitigate risks. By utilizing automated systems and manual evaluations, you will document, manage, and escalate investigations while adhering to standard operating procedures. By leveraging an intelligence-based approach, you will play a crucial role in detecting high-risk activity and protecting the company from financial losses.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and analyzing information from automated detection systems, tools, and reports to evaluate and investigate suspicious activity.
- Documenting actions and information during investigations to maintain case files.
- Developing and implementing best practices for financial crime management processes, frameworks, and techniques.
- Assessing risk levels of incidents/cases referred by others to determine the appropriate course of action.
- Executing routine tasks, such as service requests and transactions, within relevant service level agreements.
- Providing assistance to others in resolving complex issues.
- Using judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Working independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Tracking performance of strategies and analyzing large datasets.
- Synthesizing analytical results and providing recommendations to reduce losses and increase revenue.
- Translating complex data from multiple sources and formats into actionable and tangible strategies.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify business needs and risk exposure, while supporting data-driven risk mitigating strategies.
- Analyzing chargeback data to determine root causes and identify process improvements.
- Identifying opportunities for process optimization through automation methods.
- Leveraging data to test and deploy targeted rules to prevent known and emerging fraud trends across multiple product lines.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of current rules and making necessary adjustments to improve accuracy.
- Collaborating with Engineering, Sales, and Product teams to build internal tools supporting various platforms.
- Improving existing policies and workflows to create a strong, scalable process.
- Enhancing manual review accuracy and efficiency.
- Assisting in special projects and ad-hoc assignments, upon request.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3 years of experience working at a payments processor, card acquirer, bank (risk department), exchange, or relevant e-commerce platform.
- Investigative or compliance-related experience.
- Experience with Visa and Mastercard risk tools (including 3DS, AVS, etc).
- Experience with alternative payment methods and associated risks.
- Experience with fraud detection/risk management in relation to cryptocurrency is an asset.
- Strong oral/written English language communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.