Head of Engineering
About Cere Network Cere Network is the decentralized data protocol powering the future of web3 with trustless content sharing and cloud data interactions between apps, users, AI/ML, and (NFT) assets. Cere is backed by the world’s largest institutions and projects, including Binance Labs, Republic Labs, and Polygon.
Do you self-identify as a great problem solver? Have you been honing your innovation craft for years yet yearning for more complex challenges? Does the opportunity to play a key role in the launch of a software platform with massive impact (for millions or even billions of people) excite you? If you’ve answered with 3 resounding yeses, then we want to meet you! What We Expect We are a cutting-edge web3 infrastructure scale-up project seeking a few very talented developers who are not just looking for a job but want to be challenged to accomplish great things in an exciting venture. We are the veterans of many successful startups and will put you on the accelerated learning curve toward your future success. As a Head of Engineering at Cere, you will lead and cultivate our Engineering team into a world-class innovation team. A great candidate for this role is a proven innovation driver passionate about delivering rapid and robust solutions toward acute business needs while fostering the best team and culture for the long haul. The person in this role will be an integral part of the leadership team, focused on collaborative solid teamwork with cross-functional stakeholders in product, business, and operational areas. This position requires a proven track record of building strong teams and impactful solutions at scale. Great candidates should demonstrate excellent communication and collaborative skills, a strong thesis for how to foster long-term growth for development teams and be expert problem-solver who can architect scalable, extensible, and robust software solutions so that they can provide accurate feedback to the team and “roll up the sleeves” when needed.
Our Ethos We look for a few things across all hires we make at Cere, regardless of role or team:
- We seek teammates who will thrive in our fast-paced work environment, where we default to methodical, simulation-driven, fast development iterations and a first-principle thinking mindset.
- We crave teammates with high standards and strong discipline, embracing a growth mindset to continuously learn and incrementally improve habits and processes.
- We require contributors to have excellent communication skills (esp. written), for everything must be well organized and tracked in Notion, Slack, Wiki’s, etc. We want autonomous, goal-oriented individuals who embrace transparency and accountability. No one wants to micro-manage others.
- We need good teammates who are generally cool people who want to be part of a great team & decentralized community where everyone truly helps and challenges each other to learn/grow by innovating together towards greater shared goals. Embracing the building of such a collaborative community is the only way we can sustain rapid innovation (and the only way to live/work, really).
- 5+ years of engineering leadership experience in venture-backed or 50+ people technology companies.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience architecting/developing highly distributed and/or high throughput solutions at scale.
- A passion for people management. You love empowering and developing team members with a strong sense of agency and a growth mindset. You have a strong track record of creating team cohesion to enable the team to achieve great things.
- Extended experience with managing remote teams would be incredibly beneficial as well.
- A strong track record of collaborating effectively with other senior leaders across a company to deliver good products.
- An understanding that growing and engaging your team is one of the highest ROI activities you can do as a leader, and you must find innovative ways to do this consistently.
A bit more about our Multinational, High-Performance (and primarily remote) Team Join a highly talented multicultural team that is based all over the world. We have offices in San Francisco, New York, Warsaw, Amsterdam, Berlin, and several locations in Asia. As stated above, we make remote working possible by embracing our ethos, yet many teams also travel to meet in person every 1-2 months. We all want high degrees of autonomy and flexibility to make life and work fun, but transparency, accountability/ownership are the requisites.
Let Cere Network know that you found this job on CryptoJobsList. This helps us get more companies to post web3 jobs here!
August 16, 2023