Investigator (Sterling, VA)
Chainalysis is one of the oldest crypto companies to offer on-chain analysis for its clients. They offer investigation and compliance tools to crypto companies, government agencies, regulators, and more. For example, an exchange can hire them to flag transactions coming from wallets associated with exchange hacks or known terrorists to make sure they do not engage with them. Chainalysis software has been used to solve some of the biggest high-profile cases in the crypto industry.
Chainalysis has its offerings in more than 60 countries. At any given time, there are hundreds of Chainalysis Jobs. If you're looking for a career in Chainalysis, there's a lot of categories to choose from in Engineering, Marketing, and sales. Host of the jobs are not remote. But since Chainalysis has its offices in multiple countries, most jobs should be very accessible. Check out some of the Chainalysis jobs below:
The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
The team of investigators at Chainalysis are world-class problem solvers adept at covert analysis and conducting complex investigations. We help our customers with the biggest and hairiest of investigations and along the way, make the world a safer place.
Investigators are equal parts technical knowledge, tenacity, and intuition. As a Chainalysis Investigator focused on Federal Law Enforcement, you will measure your success by your impact on our customers’ mission, and the execution and expansion of investigation support at this key customer.
Collaborating with team members and across Chainalysis, you will help support the most complex cryptocurrency investigations to meet and exceed customer requirements. You are equally adept at proactively conducting research, employing data analysis, writing, and presenting your investigative findings to team members and customers alike. You are comfortable evangelizing the Chainalysis mission of bringing trust to blockchains, and are an expert at using our tools and data to develop insights on illicit activity trends in crypto and its impact on our customers.
Please note that this role requires you to be physically on-site with the customer in Sterling, VA 4 days a week.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you’ve…
- Provided investigative/analytic support for extremely complex, technical, and highly sensitive investigations and initiatives pertaining to cryptocurrencies.
- Become a sought-after and trusted advisor to other investigators, analysts, and leadership within your assigned account and provide training and guidance to other investigators and analysts as needed.
- Reviewed the adequacy and completeness of investigations and the data collection methods to determine the authenticity, veracity, and pertinence of that data resulting in more thorough investigations or analytic assessments.
- Prepared in-depth summaries of data from extensive research and analysis to set forth recommendations for investigations, lead follow up, and potential risks that could hamper an investigation that have led to meaningful results related to the customer’s mission.
- Demonstrated an ability to present investigative conclusions, and provide select training to other investigators and Chainalysis customers.
- Received the Chainalysis Reactor Certification and the Chainalysis Investigations Specialist Course certification and can expertly navigate open-source blockchain analytic tools.
A background like this helps:
- Ability to obtain and maintain suitability for public trust eligibility
- A degree in cybersecurity, cyber crime, intelligence, criminal justice, forensic accounting, data analytics, or a similar
- Previous work experience in federal government, intelligence analysis or law enforcement investigations, or equivalent forensic experience related to dark web, counter-terrorism, or financial crime investigations or technical analysis highly desired
- Knowledge of and/or passion for blockchain/cryptocurrency technology
- Experience with Chainalysis Investigative tools or open-source blockchain analytic tools highly desired
- CRC and/or CISC certification highly desired
Listed in: Cryptocurrency Jobs, Research Web3 Jobs, Data Web3 Jobs, Accounting Web3 Jobs, Full Time Web3 Jobs.
Please let Chainalysis know that you found this job on Crypto Jobs List. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!