Site Reliability Engineer
Cometh is a web3 gaming studio with a mission to create next gen blockchain games and build B2B solutions to drive the adoption of blockchain in the video game industry among others.
Cometh games showcase how blockchain bolsters the player experience through more resilient game designs and innovative narratives. In addition, Cometh offers blockchain white label solutions and integration expertise to game studios and brands alike to deploy their blockchain projects.
Since the launch of its first game in February 2021, Cometh has become one of the most active blockchain game studio.
- The public release for Cometh Battle, Cometh's new free to play trading card game, happened in May 2022.
- Cometh raised $10 Million seed funding in May 2022.
- 6,600 Spaceships NFTs Minted
- More than 1 million rewards distributed to players.
We are looking for a SRE at Cometh to join our engineering team as we tackle some of the most interesting problems in the crypto and gaming space. Your role is to work closely with the product and engineering teams to plan, architect, implement our products.
You'll be responsible for testing in the development cycle, implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery, conducting close monitoring to enforce the scalability, speed, efficiency and the infrastructure reliability.
AS A SRE YOU WILL:
- Be on an on-call rotation to respond to incidents that impact availability, and provide support for service engineers with customer incidents.
- Use your on-call shift to prevent incidents from ever happening.
- Build and run our infrastructure with Ansible, Terraform, Drone.io, and Kubernetes.
- Build monitoring that alerts on symptoms rather than on outages.
- Document every action so your findings turn into repeatable actions and then into automation.
- Improve operational processes (such as deployments and upgrades) to make them as boring as possible.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Plan the growth of Cometh's infrastructure.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Have experience with Nginx, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform.
- Have experience with a public cloud (aws, gcp or azure)
- Know your way around Linux and the Unix Shell.
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Have an enthusiastic, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it.
- Have an urge to collaborate and communicate asynchronously.
- Last but not least: be curious about blockchain and crypto !