Legal Counsel (SG)
Join the leading Crypto Brand in the Philippines!Who we areWe are one of the earliest and largest crypto platforms in Southeast Asia offering exchange and wallet services to our users. Our product lineup also includes electronic payment service and e-wallet. Through our wallet, users can send money to anyone, pay for bills, shop online at over 100,000 merchants, receive money transfers from 200+ countries even without a bank account, and of course view and purchase cryptocurrencies.
What you'll do
- Provide clear and actionable counsel to the business on a broad range of legal and regulatory issues involving transactional, operational, and risk-related matters.
- Provide practical advice on legal issues and risks in a risk-tolerant, but the compliance-oriented environment, including the impact on the company's long-term strategy for business.
- Provide innovative legal solutions for complex projects involving new technologies to support commercial objectives including the analysis and advice on new regulatory guidance in the fintech industry.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a range of commercial contracts, such as but not limited to vendor contracts and investment agreements.
- Assist in handling corporate housekeeping as necessary.
- Serve as part of a multi-jurisdiction legal team.
- Assist in the regulatory affairs of several jurisdictions, such as but not limited to SG, HK, TH, and China.
- Lead, guide, and drive licensing efforts and eliminating regulatory and operational blockers by collaborating with cross-functional teams internally and engaging with regulators.
What we expect from you
- Qualified legal counsel (in a common law jurisdiction) with 5 to 7 years of legal experience in general corporate, M&A, regulatory compliance, and/or dispute resolution practices.
- Substantial experience in executing, developing, and successfully providing legal support for international expansion.
- Substantial experience translating complex, new regulatory guidance into actionable business guidance for market expansion strategies.
- Proven track record in leading/driving licensing efforts and working as part of a cross-functional team to launch new operations, products, and business lines.
- Excellent judgment, analytical rigor, clear communication, and business pragmatism.
- A good team player and enjoys working in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment.
- Motivated self-starter with a passion for payments and cryptocurrency and requires minimal supervision.
- Fluency in English with outstanding writing and communication skills.
- Must be located in Singapore.
Listed in: Crypto Jobs, Non Tech Crypto Jobs, Legal Crypto Jobs, Operations Crypto Jobs, Exchange Crypto Jobs, Compliance Crypto Jobs, Full Time Web3 Jobs.
✅ 1 applications