Legal & Regulatory Compliance Director (APAC)
Who You Are:
Galaxy Digital’s Hong Kong team form the cornerstone of our APAC operations. As the world of digital assets continues to grow, we are committed to staying ahead of the curve including taking a pro-active posture towards the developing legal and compliance landscape. We are currently seeking an experienced Legal & Compliance team member, reporting to the General Counsel, to join the oversight team for our regional business lines and help steer our global compliance function.
What You’ll Do:
- Continuous development of regulatory strategies, policies, and procedures for cryptoasset activities in the APAC region across trading, investment banking, and asset management, including managing regulatory change and uncertainty.
- Advise on, and monitor firm compliance with, relevant regulations, international guidelines, and industry best practices across all business lines, including cryptoassets.
- Act as legal counsel and primary resource for the Hong Kong office on local matters, including governance, employment and general corporate matters.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of the firm's activities to identify potential risks and develop appropriate mitigating measures.
- Document negotiation relating to current and future counterparty engagements (MLA, ISDA, etc).
- Provide guidance and training to staff on compliance matters related to cryptoassets and ensure they are well-informed regarding relevant regulatory requirements and changes.
- Liaise with SFC and other regulatory authorities on relevant matters.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders including legal, risk, and technology teams to maintain a robust and up-to-date compliance framework for cryptoasset activities.
- Conduct periodic compliance reviews and risk assessments and prepare Senior Management/regulatory reports.
- Keep abreast of new regulations and industry trends in the cryptoasset space and make recommendations to the management on necessary enhancements to the firm's compliance framework.
What We’re Looking For:
- A degree in Law is required with five to eight years of PQE experience in the area of financial services. A degree in Finance, Economics or other advanced degree or relevant professional certification (e.g., ACAMS, ICA, CFE) is highly desirable.
- Experience in compliance or regulatory affairs, with a demonstrable understanding of SFC and MAS regulatory frameworks including in relation to cryptoassets. Knowledge of other relevant international regulatory frameworks (HK, US, FATF) preferable.
- In-house experience providing legal advice on general corporate matters in the region.
- Understanding of regulatory frameworks governing the cross-border distribution of financial products within the APAC region.
- Familiarity with blockchain technology, digital assets, and the cryptoasset ecosystem.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing, and monitoring compliance policies and procedures in a complex environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to explain complex regulatory concepts to a diverse audience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- A commitment to ethical behaviour, integrity, and confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information.
- Spoken and written languages: Fluent in English, Proficient in Chinese
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and equity compensation
- Competitive paid time off
- Company-paid health and protective benefits for employees and their eligible dependents
- Free virtual coaching sessions through Ginger
- Free daily snacks in-office
- Opportunities to learn about the Crypto industry
- Smart, entrepreneurial, and fun colleagues
*Benefits may vary depending on location.
Listed in: Web3 Jobs, Non Tech Web3 Jobs, Trading Web3 Jobs, Legal Web3 Jobs, Operations Web3 Jobs, Compliance Crypto Jobs, Director Web3 Jobs, Senior Web3 Jobs, Finance Crypto Jobs, Full Time Web3 Jobs.