On-site Investigator (Washington, D.C.)
Chainalysis is one of the oldest crypto companies to offer on-chain analysis for its clients. They offer investigation and compliance tools to crypto companies, government agencies, regulators, and more. For example, an exchange can hire them to flag transactions coming from wallets associated with exchange hacks or known terrorists to make sure they do not engage with them. Chainalysis software has been used to solve some of the biggest high-profile cases in the crypto industry.
Chainalysis has its offerings in more than 60 countries. At any given time, there are hundreds of Chainalysis Jobs. If you're looking for a career in Chainalysis, there's a lot of categories to choose from in Engineering, Marketing, and sales. Host of the jobs are not remote. But since Chainalysis has its offices in multiple countries, most jobs should be very accessible. Check out some of the Chainalysis jobs below:
Chainalysis Government Solutions, LLC (CGS) Investigators are world-class problem solvers adept at covert analysis and conducting complex investigations. Our team combines technical knowledge with tenacity and intuition. We help our customers with thorny and complex investigations and along the way, make the world a safer place. As a CGS Investigator, you'll measure your success by your impact on our customers’ mission and the execution and expansion of investigation support at our key customers. Our Investigators are deeply integrated into our customers’ missions, often serving in on-site and embedded roles to provide discrete and dedicated support to their most sensitive requirements.
As an Investigator focused on Federal Law Enforcement, you are equally adept at proactively conducting research, employing data analysis, writing, and presenting your investigative findings to team members and customers alike. You are comfortable evangelizing the Chainalysis mission of bringing trust to blockchains, and are an expert at using our tools and data to develop insights on illicit activity trends in crypto and its impact on our customers. Collaborating with team members and across Chainalysis, you will help support the most complex financial crime investigations to meet and exceed customer requirements.
Please note that this role requires you to be physically on-site with the customer in Washington, D.C. 5 days a week.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you’ve…
- Provided investigative/analytic support for extremely complex, technical, and highly sensitive investigations and initiatives pertaining to financial crimes, including cryptocurrencies.
- Become a sought-after and trusted advisor to other investigators, analysts, and leadership within your assigned account and provide training and guidance to other investigators and analysts as needed.
- Reviewed the adequacy and completeness of investigations and the data collection methods to determine the authenticity, veracity, and pertinence of that data resulting in more thorough investigations or analytic assessments.
- Prepared in-depth summaries of data from extensive research and analysis to set forth recommendations for investigations, lead follow up, and potential risks that could hamper an investigation that have led to meaningful results related to the customer’s mission.
- Demonstrated an ability to present investigative conclusions, and provide select training to other investigators and Chainalysis customers.
- Received the Chainalysis Reactor Certification and the Chainalysis Investigations Specialist Course certification and can expertly navigate open-source blockchain analytic tools.
A background like this helps:
- Ability to obtain and maintain suitability for public trust clearance eligibility
- A degree in cybersecurity, cyber crime, intelligence, criminal justice, forensic accounting, data analytics, or a similar
- Previous work experience conducting complex financial crime investigations for federal government, intelligence analysis or law enforcement investigations, or equivalent forensic experience related to dark web, counter-terrorism, or technical analysis highly desired
- Experience conducting open-source research utilizing public and private databases highly desired
- Interest in and/or passion for blockchain/cryptocurrency technology