Protocol Engineer (Core)
We are seeking a core protocol engineer to help implement the Subspace Network, a radically decentralized, next-generation blockchain written in Rust, using the Substrate framework. Subspace employs a novel proof-of-storage consensus algorithm and a decoupled execution framework, which allows it to scale far beyond existing blockchains, without sacrificing security or decentralization. Subspace Labs is an early-stage, venture-backed startup with a globally distributed team. To learn more visit our website and read the technical whitepaper.
- Become a leading contributor and core maintainer of the Subspace Network
- Implement a series of novel consensus, execution, and scalability proposals
- Maintain the highest standards of distributed open-source software development including modular design, comprehensive testing, proper documentation, and responsive support.
- Experience with current blockchain technologies and landscape
- Theoretical background in distributed systems, such as consensus algorithms, as well as cryptographic fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of a modern systems programming language, such as Rust, C++, or Go and willing to learn Rust.
- Experience working with large open-source codebases
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with the Rust language and its ecosystem
- Familiarity with Substrate and the Polkadot ecosystem
- Experience implementing blockchain consensus protocols
- A passion for decentralized, peer-to-peer systems and Web3 technologies
- A remote work environment with a high degree of autonomy and agency
- You will play a critical role in implementing a new layer one blockchain
- Salary and options befitting an early hire at a venture-backed startup
Listed in: Cryptocurrency Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs, Security Crypto Jobs, Developer Web3 Jobs, Web3 Web3 Jobs, Rust Web3 Jobs, C++ Crypto Jobs, Polkadot Crypto Jobs, Substrate Crypto Jobs, Full Time Web3 Jobs.
Let Subspace Labs know that you found this job on CryptoJobsList. This helps us get more companies to post web3 jobs here!