Regulatory Compliance Officer and Attorney
Who You Are:
The Regulatory Compliance Officer and Attorney will manage any and all state and federal regulatory requirements, such as state regulatory reporting, license renewals, consumer protection and consumer complaints as it relates to Digital Assets. We would like an experienced professional who has strong organizational skills and is well versed in state-level Money Transmitter License (”MTL”) regulatory requirements, reporting requirements, and examinations.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with various internal divisions to coordinate the preparation of state money transmitter reports and annual MTL renewals;
- Bring subject matter expertise to any state license application, including the application related to the New York State BitLicense;
- Maintain and track surety bonds, state assessment fees and any related compliance fees;
- Serve as the point of contact for any state or federal regulatory exam or internal audit exam related to state licenses;
- Help maintain and administer state MTLs, including examinations, monthly and quarterly reporting, MSB Call Reports, and annual renewals;
- Administer, enhance and execute an effective compliance program designed to ensure regulatory requirements are met including for anti-money laundering, consumer compliance, and state money transmission regulations and guidance, including compliance related to the New York State BitLicense; and
- Identify and propose compliance solutions that meet regulatory requirements, strategic business objectives, and new products and services.
What We’re Looking For:
- Juris Doctor degree and state bar admission required
- At least 8-10 years of related experience;
- In-depth Knowledge of money transmitter licensing maintenance and administration as it applies to Digital Assets;
- Familiarity and experience working with NMLS; and
- Strong background in financial services in either an institutional buy-side or sell-side firm.
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and equity compensation
- Flexible Time Off (i.e. unlimited paid vacation days)
- Company paid Holidays (11)
- Company paid sick leave
- Company-paid health and protective benefits for employees, partners, and other dependents
- 3% 401(k) company contribution
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Free virtual coaching and counseling sessions through Ginger
- Opportunities to learn about the Crypto industry
- Free daily snacks in-office
- Smart, entrepreneurial, and fun colleagues
- Employee Resource Groups
Apply now and join us on our mission to engineer a new economic paradigm.