Sr Software Design Engineer (Java/GraphQL) [Remote]
Braintrust is the first decentralized Web3 talent network that connects skilled, vetted knowledge workers with the world’s leading companies. The community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it, ensuring the network always serves the needs of its users, instead of a centrally-controlled corporation. And because the community of knowledge workers and contributors earns ownership and control of Braintrust through its native BTRST token for their contributions to the network and its growth, new Talent and jobs have participated in the network at record speeds.
Braintrust has over 700,000+ community members, with knowledge workers and project contributors across the world. Braintrust is trusted by hundreds of Fortune 1000 global enterprises including Nestlé, Porsche, Atlassian, Goldman Sachs, and Nike. For more information, visit: www.braintrust.com.
BTRST is available on Coinbase.com and in the Coinbase Android and iOS apps. Coinbase customers can trade, send, receive, or store BTRST in most Coinbase-supported regions. For more information on Braintrust and the BTRST token, read the “Braintrust: The Decentralized Talent Network” whitepaper.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - W2 (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: United States only - Remote (TimeZone: PST/CIST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 – $124/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long-term
This is a W2/salaried contract. The rate reflects the fact it's a W2 contract. This comes with benefits like healthcare, etc.
- Software Development, esp. Java
- Solid expertise in GraphQL
- Testing Driven Design
- API handelling
- Production Support
What you’ll be working on
The Product stitches all kinds of Metadata and provides a single GraphQL API layer. Our client is looking for a Senior Software Design Engineer with strong GraphQL and Java skills.
- Design, develop, debug, and modifies components of software applications and tools.
- Drive technical direction at the application/product level for small to mid-sized projects.
- Design, spec, schedule and provide quality implementation of a component or feature (typically 1-3 months in duration).
- Provide alternative solutions to a given problem. Resolve problems and roadblocks, with management assistance if required. Follow through on details and drive issues to closure.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Actively participate in group technology reviews to critique work of self and others.
- Work collaboratively with all members of technical staff.
- Collaborate with program management and testing peers in the development of assigned components.
- Participates in and provides input to requirements definition.
- Usually provides solid judgment calls and tradeoff analysis.