Application Platform Engineer
Bitstamp is the original Cryptocurrency Exchange.
Since 2011 when we started in a garage with just two laptops and some big ideas, we have been at the forefront of the crypto industry, driving innovation and ensuring that above all else we are human in our approach, trusted by our customers and, with an unwavering belief in blockchain technology, providing secure and innovative access to crypto to all corners of the world.
Our success has been always about the amazing ideas, talent and passion of our people and the disruption we have created together on our crazy crypto journey. We are growing faster than ever, creating opportunities where we find the best people and always looking for the next bunch of crypto-curious thinkers and individuals who want to make the next difference.
As a Application Platform Engineer you'll join Application Platform Engineering Team who are passionate about discovering new application and infrastructure best practices, designing and developing solutions for our global trading platform.
What you'll do
- Help keeping our codebase up to date with latest technologies (language versions, dependencies, containeraztion)Working on core common services across the entire application platform and making sure these works in a reliable, performant, and compliant manner.
- Work closely with engineering teams to enable quick and independent development cycles and fast product delivery.
- Research and assess issues as they appear, optimize existing solutions or writing new code to replace them.
- Effectively communicate solutions with team members and technical stakeholders (Architects, SysOps, SecOps).
- Review & verify proposed technical plans and changes to infrastructure; provide feedback based on the established cloud patterns and good practices.
On day one you'll bring
- Several years of working experience in the field.
- Experience with IaC especially CloudFormation.
- Experience with provisioning / configuration management with Ansible.
- Experience with container technologies like Docker.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with infrastructure components (databases like MySQL, AWS loadbalancers, VPC networking, Redis / Memcache caching, etc.).
- Experience with designing system architecture.
- Have configured and deployed to cloud-based platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux.
- Familiarity with agile practices and lean development processes.
- Proficient in python programming.
- Active knowledge of English.
- Analytical thinking.
- Fast learning ability and ability to work independently as well as in a team.
We'll love it even more if you have
- Years of experience with building AWS infrastructures.
- Experience working with large scale systems and running 24/7 services.
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with micro-services / distributed systems.
- Experience with Go language
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with message bus systems
You will fit right in at Bitstamp if you are
- A Creative thinker - a box? what box? there is no box.
- A Self-solver - you are resourceful and seek solutions through collaboration.
- Visionary - imagine what is possible and have the courage to take risks that will drive our business forward.
- Hybrid or 100% remote working/full time on possible locations: Slovenia/Croatia/Austria/Belgium/Luxembourg/the Netherlands/UK/Spain/Portugal.
The benefits of Life at Bitstamp
- A truly flexible working environment and an ability to work where you are most productive. Sometimes at work, sometimes at home, sometimes on the move.
- Access to great technology (with a choice of laptops!).
- Generous home office allowances on joining to help set up your home space.
- Long term employment, training and development opportunities, great company culture.
- Competitive benefit programs developing for each market.
- Industry mentors, and opportunities to develop and learn from others.
- Internal Gaming Tournaments and regular collaboration events.
- Bitstamp Cares 💚. The communities which are important to our people are important to us, and we are active in our support and celebrations.
- A VERY pet friendly office culture. We love animals (actually are kind of crazy for them) and celebrate the love and companionship they share with us. Please bring them with you to work (seriously).
- Delicious breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, coffee, tea, full fridge of beverages and ice cream in collaboration hubs.
Bitstampers are truly passionate about bringing cryptocurrency to the mainstream and championing independent investing with life changing potential.
We are proud to be leading the way in creating access to this next generation of finance and have become the world’s longest-running cryptocurrency exchange by driving innovation and ensuring that we are, above all else, human in our approach, trusted by our customers and, with an unwavering belief in blockchain technology, always strive to provide secure and innovative crypto access to all corners of the world.
This doesn’t happen by chance, and we believe our success has come from our belief in the power of being different and finding people who want to explore together, create together and support each other’s growth.
We have already achieved so much, and have our sights set firmly on our future. Come join in our revolution and be part of the Bitstamp story.