Blockchain Infrastructure Engineer
Scroll is a globally distributed team focused on improving Ethereum while maintaining decentralization and transparency. As a zkEVM-based zkRollup on Ethereum, Scroll provides native compatibility for existing Ethereum applications and tools. The platform aims to provide the best experience for developers and users through scalability, EVM equivalence, and security. Scroll's vision and values are centered around empowering humanity, building in the open with the community, and fighting for decentralization and censorship resistance. Scroll is looking for values-aligned individuals to help them become the most developer- and user-friendly scaling solution for Ethereum. To learn more about their mission, technical challenges, and available roles, visit their website, Twitter, Discord, or jobs page.
We are looking for a blockchain infrastructure engineer to help build the sequencer client for our fully EVM-compatible zkRollup based on a zkEVM. To maintain full compatibility, our client is a fork of Geth with many alterations to integrate with our decentralized proving network.Your day-to-day work will involve getting hands on with Geth internals, interfacing with cutting-edge zero-knowledge proof technologies, and optimizing across the stack. We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of blockchain infrastructure as well as software engineering best practices. The ideal candidate will be able to optimize performance while maintaining a code correctness in a high-stakes development environment.Scroll is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need, please let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate.
- Writing Golang client code for our sequencer client
- Interfacing with the zkEVM team to ensure compatibility between the client and prover network
- Writing networking code to interface between the sequencer and proving network
- Testing for full EVM compatibility
- Rigorous security auditing and testing of the sequencer
- Fluency in Golang, Rust, C++, or similar languages. We work primarily in Golang, but prior experience is not mandatory
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures, and their computational and memory complexities, as well as experience implementing them from scratch
- Experience writing production, security critical code
- Experience in blockchain infrastructure development or cryptography preferred
- Prior experience in performance optimization preferred
- Work from anywhere with flexible hours
- Generous paid time off
- Home office set up
- Annual growth budget
- Coworking membership allowance
- Private healthcare in selected countries
- Competitive salary package
Let Scroll.io know that you found this job on CryptoJobsList. This helps us get more companies to post web3 jobs here!