Business Development Team Lead
- CoW Protocol is on a mission to create the fairest and most efficient venue for exchanging digital assets on all EVM-compatible chains. Since launching 2 years ago, we have passed $23bn (yes, billion) in trade volume and become the 2nd most popular DEX Aggregator on the market -- aiming for #1.
- We are an ambitious, fast-growing, and international team working at the forefront of DeFi.
- We believe we can make markets more efficient and fair by building the ultimate batch auction settlement layer across EVM-compatible blockchains.
- Protection from MEV. CoW Protocol is the industry leader in protecting users from frontrunning and sandwich attacks, which lose traders thousands of dollars daily. It does this by matching trades peer-to-peer and leveraging batch auctions [→] so trade order becomes irrelevant.
By joining us at this early stage, you will make fundamental decisions that will make fundamental decisions that will shape the course of the CoW Protocol.
Location: Onsite or remote (+- 3/4 hours from CET)
Position: Full-time contractor
About the role
We seek a highly motivated and experienced Business Development Team Lead to join our growing team. We are looking for a partnerships leader who can help to implement and refine our strategy, drive integrations, and establish commercial and promotional partnerships.
If you're self-driven, love to connect with people, take the initiative, and are passionate about blockchain technology, we'd love to hear from you!
The successful candidate will play a key role in identifying and pursuing new business opportunities to drive growth for the company.
What you'll do
- Work with some of the best projects in the space to collaborate and/or integrate CoW Swap
- Lead the business development team, define your department's roadmap based on the company-wide strategy, and measure progress. Keep the focus on high-impact partnerships.
- Collaborate closely with product, tech, and marketing: improve processes to inform the product roadmap, work closely with the tech team on partnership assessments and integrations and keep the marketing team informed about upcoming partnerships.
- Become a subject matter expert on CoW Swap and gain a technical understanding that allows you to quickly assess partnerships based on feasibility, impact, and alignment with the company's strategy.
- Observe the market and do market research to understand where the market and competitors are heading. Remain up-to-date on industry news.
- Work on revenue models with our partners who integrate CoW Swap.
- Be hands-on and manage projects from start to finish: identify potential partners and clients, complete relevant research on their business and technical needs, create content material that facilitates the pitching of CoW Swap across different audiences, develop relationships with prospective clients while maintaining existing client relationships, negotiate deals with potential partners.
- Develop a partner acquisition/integration strategy focusing on increased trade flow.
- Build your network at events, conferences, and meetings.
You are a good fit if you are
- A WEB3 believer and passion for the future of decentralized systems.
- Up to speed - move leads through your BD funnel quickly and effectively.
- Data-Driven - The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of analytics and utilize data to make informed decisions.
- Strong Ownership - you own the responsibilities, lead the projects, and have things done.
- Collaborative - A strong leader fosters a collaborative environment and thrives on building solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Result Oriented - It is crucial that the Head of BD delivers measurable results for the company and demonstrates a clear return on investment.
- Adaptable - Startups move at a fast pace, and the ideal candidate should be able to pivot and adapt their strategies quickly as needed.
- Humble enough to step aside and listen to others.
- You have a profound experience and understanding of the blockchain industry, DeFi, and Ethereum, in particular.
- Strong leadership skills and hands-on.
- Proven track record of developing and executing successful business development strategies that resulted in significant market growth.
- A technical background/qualifications.
- You have strong analytical skills and prioritization.
- You are extroverted and enjoy networking.
- You have excellent pitching and written communication skills, including facilitating presentations.
- Comfort in making decisions independently and in delegating work to the team.
- Self-motivation and results-oriented approach to work.
- You have an excellent command of English.
What we can offer you
- Flexible work environment: join our hub in Lisbon or work remotely.
- Competitive salary and token plan.
- Regular trips to reunite with the rest of the team.
- Conference budget to keep up to date with the developments of the ecosystem.
- Learning budget to support your higher ambitions.
- Impact: you are joining a startup where you can make a huge difference. Your work matters!
- Flat hierarchies: this means fewer processes and bureaucracy - see more of your ideas come to life!
- Flexible work and vacation times: We truly believe in and stand for work-life balance. We have an excellent flexible work policy and a generous vacation allowance.
- Grow with us: We're growing rapidly, the industry is expanding fast, and we have a lot to do.
If you're someone who loves taking the initiative and getting things done, there are a lot of opportunities for your individual growth.
Listed in: Crypto Jobs, Business Development Web3 Jobs, Web3 Crypto Jobs, DeFi Crypto Jobs, Full Time Web3 Jobs, Ethereum Crypto Jobs.
Please let CoW Protocol know that you found this job on Crypto Jobs List. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!