Corporate Counsel, EU Governance
atKraken Digital Asset Exchange
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
"We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot." Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Did you know that Kraken is now over 2,500+ fully-remote people from around the world? And we're hiring hundreds more in 2022 #werehiring #cryptocareers
About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explainedto find out more about us!Proof of workThe teamJoin our growing corporate legal team of more than 13 attorneys and paraprofessionals working on matters such as international corporate structuring, product formation, public company preparedness, and equity financings to further Kraken’s mission.This is a fully remote role for an Irish qualified lawyer & company secretary.
- Manage and advise on corporate governance requirements in Ireland, the UK and other relevant European jurisdictions - including in particular: running efficient & diligent Board Meetings; Board composition; maintenance of statutory registers; annual returns; and the provision of guidance to the Board on its statutory obligations
- Collaborate closely with business executives and colleagues in other legal teams, tax, HR, treasury, compliance and finance departments on corporate governance requirements in relevant jurisdictions, corporate structuring, statutory compliance, and related securities matters
- Contribute to a growing corporate legal team that is building out org structure, playbooks, and processes
- Collaborate with compliance, finance and risk functions regarding policies required by the Board
- Provide support for corporate development activities, including mergers and acquisitions and strategic corporate partnerships
- Manage and advise international creation, registration, management, and regulatory compliance of subsidiary entities
Skills you should HODL
- 7+ years of Irish Company, UK, and EU legal experience focused on corporate governance, to include in-house and law-firm experience, plus relevant experience in a regulated industry/context
- Admitted to the Irish Roll of Solicitors or the Bar of Ireland
- Irish Company Secretarial Qualification
- Interest in the crypto industry / what our company is offering to the world and why
- Strong analytical, writing, and organizational skills
- Mindset that is team-oriented, plus proactive and entrepreneurial: an opportunity-making person who uses the law to increase the company’s optionality, not decrease it
- Banking experience
- Experience with regulated financial services firms
- Experience both in house and at a law firm
Listed in: Crypto Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs, Non Tech Crypto Jobs, Legal Web3 Jobs, Exchange Crypto Jobs, Compliance Crypto Jobs, Finance Crypto Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.
Please let Kraken Digital Asset Exchange know that you found this job on Crypto Jobs List. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!