Ethereum Core Developer
We are a team of world-class builders and researchers with expertise across several domains: Ethereum Protocol Engineering, Layer-2, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Miner Extractable Value (MEV), Smart Contract Development, Security Auditing, and Formal Verification.
Working to solve some of the most challenging problems in the blockchain space, we frequently collaborate with renowned companies, such as Ethereum Foundation, StarkWare, Flashbots, xDai, Open Zeppelin, Forta Protocol, Energy Web, POA Network, and many more.
We actively contribute to Ethereum core development, EIP's and network upgrades together with the Ethereum Foundation, and other client teams.
Today, there are 100+ of us distributed across the world.
The role of our Ethereum Protocol Engineering team:
- Work on our own implementation of the Ethereum Client mostly in C# (.NET 5), with future work to be done in C++, Rust, and Go
- Work remotely from any part of the world with flexible hours
- Implement new Ethereum Improvement Proposals, improve the efficiency of or rewrite modules, and improve client stability
- Constantly communicate with other Ethereum Core Developers and give input on how to improve and modify the Ethereum blockchain
- Work individually with constant help and reviews from other team members
- Communicate frequently and openly about their progress and blockers
- Several years experience in software development
- A fascination by the inner working of the Ethereum blockchain
It is not essential but, if you have deep knowledge in one of the following areas then we would love to talk to you:
- .NET 6
- Distributed networks (P2P)
- Performance and memory optimisations
- Blockchain / EVM / TransactionPool / JSON RPC
- Complex data structures for example; Patricia\Merkle/Verkle tries
- NoSQL Key Values databases for example; RocksDB
Examples of projects the team has worked on:
- Building an implementation of the Nethermind client from scratch
- Implementing EIP-1559, a famous fee mechanism and monetary policy change to the Ethereum blockchain
- Implementing the POSDAO consensus mechanism to support our client on the xDAI blockchain
- Adding full-pruning support, a way to significantly reduce the storage requirements of running our client
Perks and benefits:
- Fully remote
- Flexible working hours
- Plus equity
Please let Nethermind know that you found this job on Crypto JobsL ist. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!
April 14, 2022