Front End Developer
Polygon is a popular Layer-2 solution on the Ethereum blockchain. It functions as a side-chain, letting Dapps on Ethereum operate with low fees and almost instant settlements.
Polygon is highly scalable and already supports upcoming Ethereum features such as Scaling and Interoperability. As one of the most popular Layer-2 solutions for Ethereum, there are many Polygon Jobs that are always available.
Using Polygon, one can create Optimistic Rollup chains, ZK Rollup chains, stand-alone chains or any other infrastructure required by the developer. Polygon effectively transforms Ethereum into a full-fledged multi-chain system (Internet of Blockchains). This multi-chain system is akin to other ones such as Polkadot, Cosmos, Avalanche etc., with the advantages of Ethereum’s security, vibrant ecosystem and openness. With Polygon, new features are being built around the proven technology to expand the ability to cater to diverse needs from the developer ecosystem.
Check out some of the Polygon Careers below:
What is Polygon?Polygon is the leading blockchain development platform, offering scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchains for Web3. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to major scaling solutions including L2 (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid, stand-alone and enterprise chains, and data availability. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized applications hosted, 1.6B+ total transactions processed, 180M+ unique user addresses, and $7B+ in assets secured. Polygon is carbon neutral with the goal of leading the Web3 ecosystem in becoming carbon negative.
About the Job
- As a front-end dev at Polygon Labs, you’ll help solve unique, large-scale technical problems & will have the chance to build beautiful user experiences & scalable front-end systems. We expect all our engineers to have a keen eye for detail as well.
- You’ll be working parallel with our design teams and the backend team to build engaging & trustworthy user experiences.
We Are Looking For
- 3+ years of experience in frontend development
- Strong fundamental programming knowledge
- Experience with frontend tooling like webpack, babel, etc.
- Knowledgeable in Web3 frameworks like Web3.js, Ethers.js, Truffle, Hardhat, Ganache, etc.
- Understanding of backend APIs and technologies
- Understanding of frontend security
- Experience shipping high-quality products from start to finish
- Attention to detail, especially around performance, accessibility, reliability & security
- Able to think, plan, innovate and execute autonomously
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
Brownie points for
- Exposure to other frontend frameworks besides React.js
- Exposure to typescript is a plus
- Three.js knowledge
Typical day at work
- Translate designs & wire-frames into high-quality responsive web-pages
- Determining the structure and design of web pages.
- Developing features to enhance the user experience
- Building smart reusable code for future use
- Optimizing web pages for speed & scalability
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location, career advancement, and competitive compensation package.
- A remote work environment with competitive benefits and holidays.
- We’re a lean team with a flat hierarchy, so your impact will be felt immediately.
- Crypto native colleagues who want to change the world!