Head of Treasury Risk Management
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
"We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot." Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Did you know that Kraken is now over 2,500+ fully-remote people from around the world? And we're hiring hundreds more in 2022 #werehiring #cryptocareers
About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.About the role:The Head of Treasury Risk management will build out and oversee a team of experienced risk professionals while building a best in class risk function and the capabilities to support the growth and success of Kraken.
What you will do:
- Own the enterprise-wide risk policy and standards and establishing the framework for sizing liquidity requirements including internal stress testing, in conjunction with other stakeholders providing support for liquidity oversight at both the legal entity and enterprise consolidated levels.
- Participate in managing liquidity, funding and risk across the asset and liability sides of the balance sheet. Engage in the appropriate establishment and monitoring of credit, balance sheet, liquidity, FX and interest rate limits.
- Part of a team that actively manages the overall enterprise-wide balance sheet and capital structure in order to achieve liquidity, balance sheet and capital metrics and ensuring compliance with regulatory standards where appropriate.
- Provide support to the Treasurer and ensure that the BSMC is effective in driving the appropriate allocation and use of financial resources and that all stakeholders are engaged, balance sheet topics are covered and governed by best practices.
- Monitor current and future balance sheets and risk limits across credit, liquidity and market risks to ensure linkage with strategic plans and budgeting cycle.
- Partner with and cross functional coordination with the other Finance functions, products, business lines, risk management
- Interacts with senior leaders, business/product heads to promote a consistent process across risk stripes
- Participate on the Balance Sheet Management Committee(BSMC) including preparation of risk materials for discussion
- Work with Product, Engineering, and Strategy to understand & articulate our product strategies and pricing, liquidity and balance sheet impacts - all with a risk lense.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Who you are:
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in risk management / treasury within the financial services, fintech, or a fast growing technology company that includes growth in risk management.
- Degree in Risk Management, Accounting, Finance or Economics or other quantitative field (eg. mathematics, physics, statistics, etc.) Ph.d/ MBA Preferred.
- Prior experience with and knowledge of treasury products, interest rate risk / ALM management
- Strong Credit Risk Management experience is a requirement for this role.
- Knowledge of balance sheet management, capital markets and banking products and financial systems.
- Demonstrable knowledge and passion about cryptocurrencies, blockchain
- Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of credit risk management, counterparty credit, FX and interest rate risk management
- Implemented risk frameworks and reporting for Treasury or trading environments
- Strong financial modeling skills.
- Strong communicator capable of interacting with multiple stakeholders including senior management, the Board and regulators
- Track record of successfully building teams and processes from the ground up; coaching and mentoring at all levels
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally with numerous constituencies, including senior executives, product heads and engineering
- Effective networking skills and strong interpersonal skills to build trust and rapport with internal and external stakeholders
Please let Kraken Digital Asset Exchange know that you found this job on Crypto JobsL ist. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!