Internal Controls Experienced Associate - Remote North America
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
"We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot." Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Did you know that Kraken is now over 2,500+ fully-remote people from around the world? And we're hiring hundreds more in 2022 #werehiring #cryptocareers
About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.The Internal Controls Experienced Associate will be an integral part Controllership team. You will work closely with your Finance and Accounting leadership cohorts as well as business partners and other internal and external stakeholders. This role reports to the Head of Internal Controls and is full time remote / North America.
- Responsible for planning, performing and reporting internal controls team projects across the organization
- Assist in the creation of control documentation including process narratives, process flowcharts, and risk & controls matrices to be used to evaluate controls, specifically around a proprietary exchange trading platform
- Perform testing across companywide controls, including tests of design and tests of operating effectiveness as well as issue identification
- Assist with development of remediation plans for control weaknesses and perform follow up testing
- Offer advice on business process risk assessments including identification and ranking of risk, the controls to mitigate those risks and testing approach
- Provide high quality deliverables and written communication to business process owners and management to assist in achieving their organizational goals and control objectives
- Conduct periodic meetings/walkthroughs with process owners to validate any changes to processes are updated and properly assessed for control gaps
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or closely related field
- 2+ years of internal audit or accounting related experience
- Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Public Accountant in good standing strongly preferred
- Industry experience in financial services, fintech, banking, or exchange strongly preferred
- Experience or knowledge of cryptocurrency or crypto industry a plus
- Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley/SOX preferred
- Basic SQL query writing a plus
- Google Suite and Microsoft Office proficiency
- Microsoft Excel proficiency including pivot tables, H & V-Lookup
- Audit experience from the Big 4 or national accounting firms is a plus
Please let Kraken Digital Asset Exchange know that you found this job on Crypto JobsL ist. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!