Investment Principal, Ventures
The Ventures team at Galaxy has been a significant contributor to the growth of the crypto industry with 5+ years of active investment experience. Galaxy has backed 100+ portfolio companies and networks since inception—including Aleo, Axelar, Bison Trails, Celestia, Chaos Labs, Fireblocks, Gensyn, Ramp Network, and RISC Zero—and helps visionary founders in the crypto ecosystem through every stage of growth. Ventures and its portfolio companies benefit from the full force of the broader Galaxy platform including other market-leading business lines across Trading, Lending, Mining, Validator Operations, and Investment Banking.
Who You Are:
The Ventures team is seeking a relentlessly passionate venture investor who will have responsibilities across the entire investment process including developing investment theses, sourcing and evaluating investment opportunities, and supporting portfolio companies. This individual will have tremendous autonomy, presenting directly to Galaxy's investment committee the most important thesis-driven, early-stage investment opportunities in the market.
What You’ll Do:
- Build strong relationships with entrepreneurs
- Develop new investment theses based on deep research into emerging market trends
- Source and evaluate potential investment opportunities
- Conduct in-depth due diligence on investments and demonstrate strong investment judgement
- Help support portfolio companies to provide differentiating insight and strategic value-add
- Pitching in on various firm related projects
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelors degree from top-tier university
- Relevant experience and interest in the crypto, fintech, software ecosystems
- Prior venture capital/investing experience along with experience at top-tier consulting firm, investment bank, or tech company
- A self-starter who can work independently and drive projects forward on their own
- Tireless work ethic – someone who will hustle to find great investment opportunities!
- Unwavering dedication to helping founders
- Strong and fun team player who fits in with our team’s low-ego culture
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and equity compensation
- Flexible Time Off (paid)
- 3% 401(k) company contribution
- Company-paid health and protective benefits for employees, partners, and other dependents
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Free virtual coaching and counseling sessions through Ginger
- Opportunities to learn about the Crypto industry
- Free daily snacks in-office
- Smart, entrepreneurial, and fun colleagues
- Employee Resource Groups
*Benefits may vary depending on location.
Apply now and join us on our mission to engineer a new economic paradigm.