Lead Platform Engineer
Yuga Labs is a web3 company exploring big ideas in identity, ownership, utility, and interoperability to push the crypto and NFT space forward.
The Yugaverse is made up of: Bored Ape Yacht Club Mutant Ape Yacht Club Bored Ape Kennel Club CryptoPunks Meebits Otherside
Plus dozens of community projects using Ape, CryptoPunks, and Meebits IP.
As The Defiant recently said, "The story of Yuga Labs is one where the improbable has become reality in the blink of an eye." Our flagship collection, Bored Ape Yacht Club, debuted in April 2021. Since then, we’ve created new IP for the ape ecosystem (Mutant Ape Yacht Club, Bored Ape Kennel Club), acquired top collections (CryptoPunks and Meebits), and made both web3 and gaming history with the biggest NFT mint ever followed by a game demo with record-breaking synchronized player participation (Otherside). We also found some time to see old friends and make new ones with headline-making events (ApeFest, VMAs) and partnerships (Rolling Stone, Adidas).
Along the way, the Yuga team has grown from 4 to 100+ people, and we’re still on the lookout for brilliant thinkers and doers who can grow alongside us, push us forward, and create work that makes history. If that sounds like you, apply to one of our open roles or reach out.
Who We’re Looking For
As a Lead Platform Engineer, you'll work with Yuga’s internal and external games to help design, integrate with, and launch using the suite of platform products for The Otherside. Some examples of platform products include: Accounts/Sign-in, Social (Chat, Voice chat), and Game Client Download/Patching
- Understand client and service interactions between game and platform technologies, and work across teams to deliver excellence in these systems
- Be an individual contributor on the team, where appropriate building reference implementations, tackling challenging and ambiguous technical solutions, and conducting design and code reviews
- Partner with project leads and quality leads in defining and grooming high-level user stories
- Establish strong connections with engineers on the team, providing engineers with guidance, mentorship, and support
- Wholly understanding development needs and challenges when working with central technologies at Yuga
- 6+ years of experience in a software engineering role (i.e. software, systems, architecture)
- Experience working on shared services for large-scale software projects
- Significant hands-on experience with two or more of the following programming languages: C/C++, Go, Java, C#, Objective-C/Swift.
- 2+ years of experience with Unreal Engine Development
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $206,000 to $253,000 in addition to equity and benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. The range listed encompasses several levels. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and market demand. Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Let Yuga Labs know that you found this job on CryptoJobsList. This helps us get more companies to post web3 jobs here!