Mission Solutions Investigator, Chainalysis Government Solutions
Chainalysis is one of the oldest crypto companies to offer on-chain analysis for its clients. They offer investigation and compliance tools to crypto companies, government agencies, regulators, and more. For example, an exchange can hire them to flag transactions coming from wallets associated with exchange hacks or known terrorists to make sure they do not engage with them. Chainalysis software has been used to solve some of the biggest high-profile cases in the crypto industry.
Chainalysis has its offerings in more than 60 countries. At any given time, there are hundreds of Chainalysis Jobs. If you're looking for a career in Chainalysis, there's a lot of categories to choose from in Engineering, Marketing, and sales. Host of the jobs are not remote. But since Chainalysis has its offices in multiple countries, most jobs should be very accessible. Check out some of the Chainalysis jobs below:
This is a general application for opportunities within Chainalysis Government Solutions' Mission Solutions team. Recruitment for these roles is conducted on a rolling basis as new opportunities arise with our customers.
Chainalysis Government Solutions, LLC (CGS) Investigators are world-class problem solvers adept at covert analysis and conducting complex investigations. Our team combines technical knowledge with tenacity and intuition. We help our customers with thorny and complex investigations and along the way, make the world a safer place. As a CGS Investigator, you'll measure your success by your impact on our customers’ mission and the execution and expansion of investigation support at our key customers. Our Investigators are deeply integrated into our customers’ missions, often serving in on-site and embedded roles to provide discrete and dedicated support to their most sensitive requirements.
You'll deliver executive briefings and translate complex requirements into an organized workflow. You will also gain experience conducting complex investigations, financial analysis, research, and/or targeting in support of the Intelligence Community (IC) or other relevant organizations, proficiency in the application of the IC’s tools and tradecraft, and apply the principles and methods utilized by the IC to identify, collect, analyze, process, and disseminate information.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you’ve…
- Provided technical advice and investigative/analytic support for extremely difficult, complex, technical, and highly sensitive illicit finance investigations and initiatives.
- Conducted complex investigations, financial analysis, research, and/or targeting in support of the Intelligence Community (IC) or other relevant organizations.
- Gained proficiency in the application of the IC’s tools and tradecraft.
- Applied the principles and methods utilized by the IC to identify, collect, analyze, process, and disseminate information.
- Become a sought-after and trusted advisor to investigators, analysts, and leadership within your assigned account and provide training and guidance to other investigators and analysts.
- Reviewed the adequacy and completeness of investigations and the data collection methods to determine the authenticity, veracity, and pertinence of that data resulting in more thorough investigations or analytic assessments.
- Prepared in-depth summaries of data from extensive research and analysis to set forth recommendations for investigations, lead follow up, and potential risks that could hamper an investigation that have led to meaningful results related to the customer’s mission.
- Demonstrated an advanced ability to present investigative conclusions, provide training, and engage in strategic discussions with our IC customers.
- Received the Chainalysis Reactor Certification and the Chainalysis Investigations Specialist Course certification and can expertly navigate open-source blockchain analytic tools.
A background like this helps:
- BA or BS Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, or Finance, or equivalent.
- Professional certification(s) including: CAMS, CFCS, CFE, CFP, CIA, CFF, CFA, CPA.
- Proficiency with IC targeting and research tools.
- Experience with mobile money, digital currencies, and emerging technology/services.
- Experience with relevant software and technology to view and manipulate financial data, including Microsoft Excel, Access, SQL, etc.
- Proven ability to multi-task and take on responsibilities.
- Experience providing training or giving presentations on illicit financial topics or similar national security investigations.
This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship.
Candidate must be able to maintain a national security clearance with polygraph.
This job listing may cover more than one job level. To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base salary ranges for all United States based job listings. We set standard base salary ranges for all roles based on function, level, and location, benchmarked against technology companies. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, relevant work experience, skillset, internal equity, and other factors, consistent with applicable law.The salary range for this position is dependent on where you live within the United States. For the greater Washington D.C. area, the salary range for this role is $82,125 - $166,500. Base salary is just one part of our total rewards package which additionally includes equity, performance bonus or commissions for eligible roles, and competitive benefits.
Listed in: Web3 Jobs, Research Crypto Jobs, Community Web3 Jobs, Security Web3 Jobs, Executive Web3 Jobs, Finance Crypto Jobs, Data Web3 Jobs, Accounting Crypto Jobs, Full Time Web3 Jobs.
Please let Chainalysis know that you found this job on Crypto Jobs List. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!