Product Owner - Platform (Remote - Work from Anywhere)
The Xapo Bank app is the first of its kind. We’re bringing you the best of both worlds by uniting the stability of traditional banking with a seamless portal into the future of money – Bitcoin.
Our sleek app is your gateway to an international USD bank account, Bitcoin access, and secure storage for your funds. At Xapo, we empower you to build your wealth for generations to come.
We exist to protect your wealth from economic and political instability, no matter where you are. We've built a Bitcoin-friendly bank that provides you with limitless access to one of the world`s strongest currencies - the US dollar.
We’re looking for a technical Product Owner for the Platform Engineering team. This team is responsible for building, managing, operating and improving a self service internal developer platform and all its features and components.To provide a developer environment where Xapo developers thrive we build a self service internal developer platform that empowers and supports developers to deliver value to our customers faster.The platform itself consists of tools, infrastructure, processes and documentation that is being used by all developers at Xapo in their daily work.This is a great opportunity if you’re after creating great developer experiences and interested in cloud computing, latest trends in software development and cloud technologies etc. As a PO Platform, you will spend a lot of time with engineers, developers and tech leads to know better their pain points and improve the platform.You will also lead new initiatives that will include creating new platform features and improving existing ones by listening to feedback from developers.Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing the internal developer platform so that it decreases the overall feature time to market while maintaining quality and security
- Increasing developer adoption of platform new features by helping onboarding development teams to reap the benefits of newest stacks, tools and ways of working
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full-time, 100% remote position. Work from anywhere!
- Own the roadmap of the Platform Engineering team;
- Discover developer needs and pain points;
- Collaborate with the other SATs and technical leads through visioning, execution and implementation of new technologies and tools;
- Improve the daily life of software developers by automatizing processes, improving technology and daily coding experience;
- Assess opportunities for improvement, understand behavior and test hypotheses using data analysis and discovery;
- Work closely with developers and other stakeholders to understand what initiatives give us the highest ROI in the different objectives of the team;
- Plan and prioritize initiatives backlog and development for the product;
- Set Sprint goals, track, and report on sprint progress.
Oversee and manage development stages
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of specified and refined requirements to work on;
- Remove or mitigate impediments to the team progress;
- Represent and serve as the point of contact between subject matter experts and other stakeholders. Ensure the successful completion of Releases and Sprint Goals;
- Monitor the platforms’ performance, proactively identify process bottlenecks and lead initiatives to resolve discrepancies or other issues when identified, track and report issues through to resolution;
- Recommend and execute operational improvements, work with appropriate functional areas to create a better developer experience;
- Lead the planning process, release plans, and set the expectation for the delivery of new features and capabilities.
- Build knowledge on developer way of working, newest industry developments, provider to become the go-to person for all things Developer Experience related at Xapo;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging topics in software development;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging topics in cloud native technologies, DevOps, GitOps etc;
- Be up-to-date with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for 3+ years;
- Working experience with developing technical products i.e. developing SDKs, APIs, open source technologies, cloud services etc
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field; (or equivalent working experience)
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical systems and architecture principles;
- Experience shipping market-leading products;
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage multiple initiatives and priorities with competing timelines;
- Team-oriented and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the weeds of a project
Nice to have:
- Experience with public cloud providers i.e Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud
- Knowledge of modern cloud native architectures
- Certified Scrum Product Owner or Certified Scrum Master qualification is a plus;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, experience driving product and business decisions;
- Experience working in the crypto space is a plus.
- A dedicated workspace
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications
- Alignment with Our Values.
Please let Xapo know that you found this job on Crypto Jobs List. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!