Risk Management Associate - US Region
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
"We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot." Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Did you know that Kraken is now over 2,500+ fully-remote people from around the world? And we're hiring hundreds more in 2022 #werehiring #cryptocareers
Building the Internet of Money Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch.Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!Proof of workThe teamA high-profile role within the firm this position requires a high-caliber professional who will provide an independent assessment of the regulated entity’s risks and proactively communicate and engage at senior levels within the business to assist with identifying, analyzing, mitigating, managing and monitoring the risks that arise. The individual should have a strong background in risk management in a financial institution notably the implementation and embedding of risk frameworks and related tools. The individual will serve as a subject matter expert, providing ongoing direction and consultative advice to the business unit with respect to risk management policies, guidelines, and best practices.
- Assist in overseeing the risk function for one of our US entities and maintain and address any deficiencies in the company's risk management framework.
- Foster, develop and enhance a strong risk management culture, across all categories of risk, throughout the company.
- Manage and continually develop and enhance the company's Risk Management Framework and day to day risk management processes ensuring it is fit for purpose, meets regulatory expectations, and adds real value to the company.
- Establish adequate risk management policies and procedures to identify, measure and provide for the proper monitoring, reporting and mitigation of all material risks relating to the company’s activities, processes and systems.
- Consider specific industry, market and regulatory matters relevant to the firm and monitor and assess the impact of changes in the regulatory risk profile from a risk perspective. Ensure that the risk management policies and procedures of the company are in line with applicable law, regulations and license obligations.
- Perform regular risk assessments to enable a risk based approach to be taken in respect of the company’s risk programme.
- Advise the leadership team on topics in relation to the overall risk appetite, tolerance and strategy of the company and assist company leadership with the execution of risk management strategies.
- Perform analysis of risk data to identify insights, trends and emerging risks.
Skills you should HODL
- 2-4 years experience working in a Risk function within the financial services or banking industries, ideally within highly regulated businesses
- Self-starter who always seeks to take ownership of initiatives and responsibility for finding solutions to complex problems
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables at any given time
- Ability to self-prioritize and manage multiple workloads
- Critical thinking skills, with the ability to think creatively in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with strong collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, highly detail oriented
Let Kraken Digital Asset Exchange know that you found this job on CryptoJobsList. This helps us get more companies to post web3 jobs here!