Yat Labs is the inventor and custodian for Yats - a self-sovereign identity solution based on emojis. Emojis are used to convey emotion, tell stories, connect, and share interests in beautifully simple ways, making Yats a brand-new way to express oneself online. Yats have exploded in popularity since their launch on February 1, 2021
Today, the moment you connect to the internet, ISPs, and most websites focus on learning everything they can about you. Their goal in this surveillance effort is to build detailed profiles about you to serve their advertising partners better. And in Web 3, the moment you share an Ethereum, Bitcoin, Solana, or Tezos wallet address with anyone, you expose your entire on-chain transaction history to the world.To us, this is crazy. We should all be able to put our best foot forward and be in control of our stories. As human beings, when we connect, we start every conversation as a closed book. We have complete agency and control over what stories we share and how we share them. We believe the same should be true on the internet. This is why we are stewarding the development of Tari, a default-private digital asset protocol.Yat and Tari are the brainchild of Tari Labs, a fast growing startup focused on building privacy and freedom preserving technologies for everyone on Earth. They are both co-founded by Naveen Jain (who also founded Sparkart) and is backed by Blockchain Capital, Pantera Capital, Multicoin Capital, Trinity Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Canaan Partners, Slow Ventures and many more of the best investors in the world.And who are you? We’re hoping you’re someone who takes the exceptional and exceeds it, who rolls up their sleeves and gets their hands dirty, and who wants to take a step outside the ordinary to create a world that’s more beautiful, fun, and privacy-oriented. Tari is 100% open-source and written in Rust end-to-end. To find out more, visit the Tari website and the Tari RFC repository and play around with our mobile wallet. It is being architected as a merge-mined sidechain on Monero, the biggest privacy-enhancing cryptocurrency on the planet. Our mission is to make it easy for developers to create and deploy Web 3 interoperable applications that are highly scalable and secure without spending months on audits.In addition to stewarding the development of this new protocol, we are building the first application that will use it. This app is Yat, a new censorship-resistant internet identity system that enables everyone to use a personalized string of emojis as their universal username. Why emojis? Over 90% of online users on Earth use emojis every single day. They are genuinely our global language. We use them to tell stories and connect with others in a beautifully simple way. Yats create a system that allows people to own a single emoji or string of emojis that best represents them. Yats are owned by whoever creates them and are an internet freedom product. Imagine a world where we all own self-sovereign emoji identities that are self-directed, deeply censorship-resistant, and cannot be canceled.We want to collaborate with people who push their definition of excellence every day, who desire full ownership over their ability to make a meaningful impact, and who don’t want to be a cog in a giant machine. We are looking for blockchain engineers to join our base node, wallet, side-chain, mining pool, and support teams.We have lots of cool stuff cooking behind the scenes, and there are even more things we want to build. If you're a wizard with Rust and node.js, and love building backend tools, then we'd love to chat!We are looking for a RUST Engineer!Sounds good? You should apply!
- You are passionate about privacy, decentralized digital assets, and cryptocurrency
- You thrive on learning new technologies, don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions, and adapt easily to meet the needs of a rapidly evolving start up environment.
- You are a quick learner and love to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- You can are based in EU/RSA daylight hours (07:00 - 17:00 GMT).
- You’re someone who takes the exceptional and exceeds it; who rolls up their sleeves and gets their hands dirty, and who wants to take a step outside the ordinary.
- You want to solve challenging problems in privacy-based cryptocurrencies, scalable side chains, payment channels; and large-scale, decentralized digital asset ecosystems.
- 6 + years experience as a software engineer of which has been backend tooling using node.js.
- 3+ years working in Rust full-time, or 4+ years part time.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Statistics or Mathematics from a recognized university is a bonus.
- You believe that money is a form of speech and should be free and not a tool of control.
- You understand that privacy is a right, and not “just for people with something to hide”.
- You would like to see a world where the internet is a society of peers and not an oligarchy controlled by the state and several megacorps.
- 100% Globally Remote
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits, including up to 100% paid medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved one for the US & Canada
- 401k program for the US
- Flexible work schedule and paid time to create your work/life harmony
- An international team of highly talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- The latest technology and equipment to do your best work from your home office
- Be an OG in a young project that is already making 🌊
Please let Yat Labs & Tari Labs know that you found this job on Crypto Jobs List. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!