Senior Software Developer - Trading Technology
BitMEX is one of the earliest cryptocurrency exchanges with a derivatives trading platform. BitMEX was founded in 2014. However, it was with the introduction of perpetual futures that the exchange became immensely popular.
BitMEX truly revolutionised the industry by introducing perpetual industry and changed how traders thought of trading Bitcoin. The exchange is registered in Seychelles.
BitMEX is mainly based out of Hong Kong. However, they do have offices in other US cities such as Chicago, Milwaukee, New York, and San Francisco.
If you're looking for BitMEX Jobs, expect to be extremely competent. With the popularity of the exchange, they expect their employees to be the best in their fields. If you feel you are, check out some of the jobs below:
BitMEX was one of the first crypto exchanges for derivatives. It exists to provide institutional and professional traders with a platform that caters to their needs.
BitMEX created the Perpetual Swap, the most popular crypto trading product in history. It is the only major global exchange that continues to create new cryptocurrency derivative products, most recently, the ETH Staking Swap.
On BitMEX, users can trade cryptocurrency derivatives on a professional trading platform that provides low latency, deep liquidity and constant availability. Since 2014, no cryptocurrency has been lost through intrusion or hacking, allowing BitMEX users to trade safely in the knowledge that their funds are secure. Spot trading is also supported, as well as the purchase and conversion of cryptocurrency - BitMEX supports 45+ derivatives contracts, 11 pairs for spot trading and the ability for users to convert 30+ cryptocurrencies.
We are looking for individuals who are determined, responsible and collaborative to join BitMEX as we continue to build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem. We value attention to detail, speed and simplicity. As a global business operating a 24/7 exchange, we seek out those who are adaptable and can work across markets and timezones.
We look after the trading technology stack which comprises of matching engine, pre-trade and post-trade applications. We routinely implement new features in areas such as order management, risk checking, position keeping, P&L calculation, derivatives pricing as well as data distribution and settlement. We benefit from a high degree of automation of our daily tasks such as test, build & deploy. This helps us to stay focused on delivering business features.
- Design, development, maintenance and support of fault-tolerant, containerised distributed system of microservices
- Implementation of new features/systems within greenfield and brownfield projects
- Fixing bugs, tuning performance
- Evaluation of new technologies
- Collaboration with peers, internal and external users on technical design and direction
You have a curious intellect, outstanding technical skills and an interest in crypto trading. Specifically, you:
- Possess 7+ years of programming experience, most of it using Java
- Have experience using SQL or other database technologies
- Pursue a test-driven development with a high degree of automation
- Work in a Linux/Docker/Kubernetes environment and have experience tuning it
- Prior experience with AWS a plus
- Collaborate across time zones/team boundaries to engineer best possible outcome
- Use data structures and algorithms to achieve maximum productivity
- Have a Computer Science/Engineering degree
- Enjoy evolving an always-on 24/7 technology stack
- Adapt to changing priorities