Service/Business Designer (Contract to Hire)
Braintrust is the first decentralized Web3 talent network that connects skilled, vetted knowledge workers with the world’s leading companies. The community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it, ensuring the network always serves the needs of its users, instead of a centrally-controlled corporation. And because the community of knowledge workers and contributors earns ownership and control of Braintrust through its native BTRST token for their contributions to the network and its growth, new Talent and jobs have participated in the network at record speeds.
Braintrust has over 700,000+ community members, with knowledge workers and project contributors across the world. Braintrust is trusted by hundreds of Fortune 1000 global enterprises including Nestlé, Porsche, Atlassian, Goldman Sachs, and Nike. For more information, visit: www.braintrust.com.
BTRST is available on Coinbase.com and in the Coinbase Android and iOS apps. Coinbase customers can trade, send, receive, or store BTRST in most Coinbase-supported regions. For more information on Braintrust and the BTRST token, read the “Braintrust: The Decentralized Talent Network” whitepaper.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States only (Time Zone: PST/CIST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 – $125/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - long-term
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
● Design and execute primary and secondary research – identifying and prioritizing assumptions and defining a path to test them through user research and in-market experimentation
● Drive the early development of a new solution – identifying target users, defining key features, designing business models, managing prototype builds, and crafting go-to-market strategies
● Build a practical plan to de-risk an opportunity – helping discern how best to deploy the limited resources (team and budget) available and then iterating that plan as we learn more from the market
● Ruthlessly prioritize and iterate (approach and/or solution) based on feedback from users ● Manage key stakeholders in the process of venture building – including client-partners, development partners, contractors, as well as the internal venture team
● Conceptualize and oversee the delivery of assets and artifacts that bring a diverse group of stakeholders along for continued investment decisions
● Contribute downstream to alpha/pilot launches, with strategy, analysis and execution/ops
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
● 4+ years relevant experience across a combination of the following areas: ○ research and human-centered design
○ innovation/design consulting
○ product management
○ product design/prototyping
○ early stage product development
○ corporate innovation
● Well-versed in applying human-centered design principles to the research, development, and execution of new products and services
● Experience with activating and contributing to teams in dynamic (virtual and live) environments
● Comfort and courage with navigating the unknown through rigorous testing and iteration – we like to say, “You don’t know, but you know how to know”
● Ability to handle complexity – weighing a variety of competing factors to make sound decisions with imperfect and/or incomplete data
● We strive to recruit a group of unique individuals, but our team members tend to share these attributes: Curiosity | Perceptiveness | Optimism | Courage | Entrepreneurialism | Discernment | Humility
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
● You inspire people to work with you – you’re a top-notch collaborator
● You have a strong sense of ownership – you’re willing to do whatever it takes to serve the mission, the team and the customer
● You are focused on results and appreciate the entrepreneurial constraints of limited resources
● You respond well to complex situations, working with customers and partners to solve problems
● You move quickly and have the confidence to act decisively when needed
● You know what to measure, when, and how to communicate success/learnings to others who have not been in the trenches with you
● You have the ability to work with remote teams
● You appreciate the power of a diverse organization and contribute to the culture of co-creating impactful solutions
● You know that these problems require teams to solve them – there is no one right answer, and one brilliant brain is not enough to solve any of the problems we work on
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.