Opolis, Inc. (www.opolis.co) is building the next-generation employment cooperative offering payroll, employment benefits, and membership perks to independent workers. We have designed the Opolis Employment Commons for a Web3 future based on stakeholder capitalism, where every member is also a digital owner and thus aligned and incentivized toward a shared purpose. Welcome to the Employment Commons!
Primary responsibilities include:
GL Accounting for Multiple Consolidating Entities
- Daily tasks primarily focus on cash, payables, accruals, and expenses
- You will help maintain schedules, reconcile accounts for month-end close, and perform bank reconciliations
Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Maintain AP records by receiving, organizing, coding, and entering all invoices timely
- Process accounts payable transactions in crypto and fiat, including handling expense reports and company credit card programs
- Manage customer billings and collections
Financial Automation and Process Improvements
- Assist with new tech implementations, building accounting software integrations, and streamlining existing accounting processes
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Assist with timely month, quarter, and year-end close procedures
- Assist with the preparation, analysis, and presentation of consolidated financial statements
Payroll and Compliance Support
- Maintain and reconcile payroll tax records and state licenses, remit payments, and file returns timely
- Assist with benefit plans, regulatory compliance, and insurance-related projects
Innovative Thinking: Always question our approach to day-to-day and long-term tasks in search of more efficient, sustainable, cutting-edge solutions. Desire to build and innovate beyond legacy thinking. Big thinkers should apply.
Data Nerd: A love for numbers and a comprehensive understanding of GAAP accounting.
Simplicity and Efficiency Minded: Less is often more. Simplify, simplify, simplify. We want people who can automate themselves out of a job. This is how you get promoted at Opolis.
Tech-Savvy: Ability to perform intermediate excel functions (xlookup, vlookups, sumifs, pivot table, macros, power query); work remotely effectively using tools like Discord, Notion, Zoom, and cloud-based Accounting software.
Entrepreneurial Mindset: Entrepreneurial approach to problems and time management. Desire to work autonomously and figure things out without substantial training or guidance. The ideal candidate will possess a “can-do” attitude.
- BS/BBA Accounting or related field, or additional related work experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Unimpeachable integrity and commitment to confidentiality
- Familiarity with US GAAP and basic accounting principles
- Passion for the “future of work” and commitment to the Web3 ethos
- Self-motivated and comfortable working with remote-first teams
- Drive for continuous process improvements
- Willingness to travel to sunny Denver, CO at least bi-annually
Helpful but NOT Required:
- Microsoft Dynamics and Ramp
- Willingness to build advanced excel skills
- Payroll experience
- Basic facility with cryptocurrency and blockchain
Benefits Package Includes:
- 100% Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO policy
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Life and disability insurance
- $Work Rewards