Staff Software Engineer, Data
Chainalysis is one of the oldest crypto companies to offer on-chain analysis for its clients. They offer investigation and compliance tools to crypto companies, government agencies, regulators, and more. For example, an exchange can hire them to flag transactions coming from wallets associated with exchange hacks or known terrorists to make sure they do not engage with them. Chainalysis software has been used to solve some of the biggest high-profile cases in the crypto industry.
Chainalysis has its offerings in more than 60 countries. At any given time, there are hundreds of Chainalysis Jobs. If you're looking for a career in Chainalysis, there's a lot of categories to choose from in Engineering, Marketing, and sales. Host of the jobs are not remote. But since Chainalysis has its offices in multiple countries, most jobs should be very accessible. Check out some of the Chainalysis jobs below:
The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
Software Engineers in the data platform and clustering teams strike a balance between forward-looking software engineering best practices, data science and data engineering. This team partners with data scientists, research and product teams, helping architect, create and maintain data pipelines for clustering based on heuristics and other data intelligence methods. Software Engineers in the data platform and Clustering teams have a deep understanding of blockchain data, are experts at understanding protocol schemas and nuances, build scalable AWS ingest pipelines, lambdas and services. We measure success by the coverage of data clustered for the various Chainalysis products.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- Built scalable ETL/ELT pipelines for clustering
- Created heuristics for Bitcoin and UTXO clustering
- Worked with our product teams to ensure accurate data is provided to our customers
- Increased coverage of Bitcoin and other UTXO clustering
- Contributed to the effectiveness and velocity of team deliverables
- You have learned new technologies and shown that you are not afraid to work outside your comfort zone
A background like this helps:
- Solid understanding of building data pipelines, lakes and streaming services
- Some work experience with AWS tools such as S3, Lambdas, and CDKs
- Experience creating deterministic algorithms and business logic for large-scale data systems
- Understanding of efficient data structures, algorithms and computational complexity
- Planned, built, and owned production systems
- Experience with Java, and/or other object-oriented programming languages
- The versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job
- The ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Bias for action
The following would differentiate you:
- Experience with cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc)