Systems Engineer (Infrastructure)
👋 Hi, we are Etherscan — a Block Explorer and Analytics Platform for Ethereum, a decentralized smart contracts platform. The main feature of Etherscan involves crawling the Ethereum public distributed ledger for information on transactions, address, smart contracts, and statistics and displaying them to users in an intuitive and easy-to-understand manner.
As Systems Engineer at Etherscan, you will be able to:
- Scale up multiple platforms through exponential growth
- Maintain uptime of a service essential to millions of blockchain users
- Protect our infrastructure from frequent, inventive attacks
You will be expected to:
- Build, deploy and monitor infrastructure and services
- Monitor the uptime of all services and ensure each are running in a scalable manner
- Harden all security policies of our infrastructure to prevent services being affected by malicious attacks.
- Administer multiple cloud servers from providers like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and dedicated servers
- Configure tools and write scripts that monitor each service and alert of errors or failures
- Prepare and update disaster recovery plans in the event of failures
- Oversee the development and installation of new hardware and software
We expect candidates to have the qualifications below:
- At least a Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in a related field
- Required Skill(s): Network Security, IIS, Cloud Computing, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, DNS, DevOps, Script, Command-line, Windows Server, Linux, Network Monitoring, Cloudflare
- Preferably a Senior Executive specialized in IT/Computer - Network/System/Database Admin or equivalent
- Have a solid knowledge of systems infrastructure, DNS, network administration and security
- Self-motivated and can work independently with minimal supervision
- Trustworthy, accountable and quick to help when things require fixing
- Extra points if you are passionate and knowledgeable about Ethereum
How to Apply
If you think you are up for it, apply to us right away and send us your resume to ! Please feel free to share your Github profile, prior contributions to open source, or any past work that is publicly available together with your application.
Listed in: Cryptocurrency Jobs, Devops Web3 Jobs, Security Web3 Jobs, Developer Web3 Jobs, Engineering Crypto Jobs, Executive Web3 Jobs, Senior Crypto Jobs, Ruby Web3 Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.