Corporate Counsel (Corp Dev, Banking & General)
Who You Are:
As Corporate Counsel, you will join an experienced and collaborative Legal team to work on corporate transactions, capital markets and general corporate matters. You’ll work alongside and report into our Deputy General Counsel and have the opportunity to work on a myriad of legal issues with room for growth beyond current scope of role. The ideal hire should have three to five years of experience at a large law firm or combined firm/in-house experience advising clients on a variety of corporate legal matters including M&A and capital markets.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide legal advice on complex public merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions or other corporate strategic transactions, including structuring, diligence, drafting and negotiating term sheets and definitive transaction documentation, and supporting closing transactions and post-closing integration.
- Provide legal advice on a variety of public and private capital markets transactions, associated legal documentation and management of ongoing questions regarding such matters.
- Act as legal counsel for Galaxy’s investment banking team on private placement and M&A advisory engagements, providing strategic and regulatory advice on various matters including drafting, reviewing and negotiating NDAs and engagement letters.
- Assist in preparation securities filings including annual and quarterly reports, proxy statements, press and earnings releases and review of marketing materials, research and investor presentations, analysis of securities law obligations, corporate govern and listing requirements.
- Develop and review corporate governance materials, including resolutions, minutes and other materials for board meetings.
- Help with other special corporate projects and such other activities as may be assigned by the Deputy General Counsel.
What We’re Looking For:
- The ideal candidate will be highly organized, have meticulous attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to produce high quality work product in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- 3-5 years of general corporate experience, specializing in M&A and capital markets;
- Ability to work well in fast-paced business and evolving legal environment and to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Highly motivated, self-starter who takes initiative;
- Positive attitude, and willingness to roll up sleeves (no job too big, no job too small);
- Collaborative team member with a high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Active membership in the NY state bar.
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and equity compensation
- Flexible Time Off (paid)
- 3% 401(k) company contribution
- Company-paid health and protective benefits for employees, partners, and other dependents
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Free virtual coaching and counseling sessions through Ginger
- Opportunities to learn about the Crypto industry
- Free daily snacks in-office
- Smart, entrepreneurial, and fun colleagues
- Employee Resource Groups
*Benefits may vary depending on location.
Apply now and join us on our mission to engineer a new economic paradigm.