Asset Management Counsel
Who You Are:
As asset management counsel you will join an experienced and collaborative Legal team to primarily work on supporting the ventures team. You’ll work alongside and report into our Managing Director, Head of Asset Management Legal, and have the opportunity to work on a myriad of legal issues with room for growth beyond current scope of role. The ideal hire should have at least three to five years of experience at a large law firm or in-house on asset management legal issues and venture deals.
What You’ll Do:
- Review of all venture team investment documents and NDAs.
- Coordinate with internal ventures teams on legal diligence for new and follow-on investment opportunities, portfolio company M&A, sales/exits. Liaise directly with outside counsel on all deals, help manage multiple deals at the same time, and help coordinate internal execution.
- There will be opportunities to help with fund formation matters, regulatory review of crypto relevant issues and other general asset management work.
- Work with Chief Compliance Officer and compliance team on asset management matters.
What We’re Looking For:
- The ideal candidate will be highly organized, have meticulous attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to produce high quality work product in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Minimum 3-5 years of prior experience with a large law firm or in-house in asset management and venture deals.
- Experience and/or knowledge in cryptocurrency a plus.
- Ability to work well in fast-paced business and evolving legal environment and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Navigate deal transactions involving multiple parties, financial structures and unique terms and conditions with knowledge of capital structures and deal valuations
- Experience with private funds.
- Understanding of Investment Advisers Act and working with SEC registered investment advisers.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who takes initiative.
- Positive attitude, and willingness to roll up sleeves (no job too big, no job too small).
- Collaborative team member with a high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Active membership in the NY state bar
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and equity compensation
- Flexible Time Off (paid)
- 3% 401(k) company contribution
- Company-paid health and protective benefits for employees, partners, and other dependents
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Free virtual coaching and counseling sessions through Ginger
- Opportunities to learn about the Crypto industry
- Free daily snacks in-office
- Smart, entrepreneurial, and fun colleagues
- Employee Resource Groups
*Benefits may vary depending on location.
Apply now and join us on our mission to engineer a new economic paradigm.
Listed in: Cryptocurrency Jobs, Non Tech Crypto Jobs, Sales Web3 Jobs, Legal Crypto Jobs, Developer Web3 Jobs, Compliance Crypto Jobs, Director Web3 Jobs, Venture Capital Crypto Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.